gimbal release date?

Reaction score
hello everyone

i'm newbie to this forums i would like to know if someone here did order gimbal already? any news of final release to the market? i'm planning to buy solo with gimbal because my concern is the shipping cost for what i read some blogs some of here buy solo without gimbal my concern the shipping is too costly for example buy solo first then waiting gimbal to release so another shipment again im part of asia country so i wanna know the final gimbal release so it can save one way shipping solo and gimbal in one box.

thanks

Toiletbowl

Many of us preordered the Solo with gimbal back in April. I ordered mine towards the end of May. If you go onto the 3DR website and look under news there are several posts regarding the gimbal's manufacturing process. There, they are saying end of July.
One other poster on this forum was told by a dealer they could start shipping around the 16h.....we're all holding our breath.

Many of us preordered the Solo with gimbal back in April. I ordered mine towards the end of May. If you go onto the 3DR website and look under news there are several posts regarding the gimbal's manufacturing process. There, they are saying end of July.
One other poster on this forum was told by a dealer they could start shipping around the 16h.....we're all holding our breath.
ohhhh 6 days more to go i am sure lots of of customer are fall inline :)

if they actually start shipping on the 16th I will be ecstatic.....i am ready to ditch that plastic mount!

if they actually start shipping on the 16th I will be ecstatic.....i am ready to ditch that plastic mount!
Yes, I'm sticking with what 3DR is saying....you know how salesmen are. It would be great news though!

in that 3dr news update they did say they were very confident in having the gimbals available by end of July! can't wait for some buttery-smooth video!

in that 3dr news update they did say they were very confident in having the gimbals available by end of July! can't wait for some buttery-smooth video!
Me too. I don't have the luxury of using Adobe Preimer to stabilize video. I'm not into the professional side of it so if I can get good video without spending hours doing it, that is all I need.

Me too. I don't have the luxury of using Adobe Preimer to stabilize video. I'm not into the professional side of it so if I can get good video without spending hours doing it, that is all I need.
raybro how good solo compare to dji? i have P2 but never use for almost 4 months.

I would say pretty similar in flight characteristics. With the app and the RC it is a different animal when compared to the P2. I don't own a vision so this is my u first quad to use with an app.
The radio range is not as good as the P2 but if you are in wide open spaces it is pretty good. I think the GPS may be a little weaker but with a recent firmware update they have made it more reliable.
Before the update there were several reports of minor crashes which BTW, the Solo is pretty rugged, most had no damage at all, some with broken props. The ESCs seem to be tougher and withstand more punishment than the P2. It is easier to land due to it lower center of gravity and does not want to tip like the P2. As far as I know, there have not been any flyaways with the Solo.

FWIW multiple sources on the 3dr solo facebook group are saying that BH is confident they will be shipping gimbals on 15 July. i am trying not to get my hopes up....

FWIW multiple sources on the 3dr solo facebook group are saying that BH is confident they will be shipping gimbals on 15 July. i am trying not to get my hopes up....

For that to happen, if the gimbals are coming from China, they'd have to be shipped today or tomorrow I would guess. Problem with B&H is that they weren't the first to get the P3, nor were they the first to get the Solo. I'll put my money on Best Buy to get them first.

For that to happen, if the gimbals are coming from China, they'd have to be shipped today or tomorrow I would guess. Problem with B&H is that they weren't the first to get the P3, nor were they the first to get the Solo. I'll put my money on Best Buy to get them first.

you are preaching to the choir! but you must admit there is a small part of you that is hoping a July 15th ship date is true!

you are preaching to the choir! but you must admit there is a small part of you that is hoping a July 15th ship date is true!

I haven't pre-ordered it yet. (I've learned my lesson with doing that over the years) I plan on getting it at best buy soon.

Unfortunately, I just bought a P3P and I'm trying to figure out how to afford both of them lol.

On 3DR's Facebook page that hope to have it shipped at the end of July so I'm still saying we will not have the Gimbal in stores until mid August.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig