Gimbal price drop! $199 on Amazon!

I happened to buy one last week before the price drop but B&H honored to revised price so I'll be receiving a refund. Looks like the price of $199 is popping up everywhere.

batteries just recently had a run on amazon for 116
I picked up two to get me to my goal of 4

yeah for me solo kit is done. Just updated my lens for the last time. got a backpack and some alphas.
This is gong to be my rig for awhile. (I might possibly upgrade motors after warranty is out)
looking beyond the gopro,
Hopefully on a 3DR product, even if I have to just build it

That and in all honesty I think 250 or so is probably where it should have been for us in the first place. Still no regrets happy to be one of the early adopters even through the bumps in the road.

I've even mostly forgotten how frustrated they had us all over our launch delays and misinformation. Almost funny how upset we all were having to wait now that it's over. I felt like a kid who woke up on Christmas to be told to wait a day, then two or a week, then a month ouch. Lol, thank god that's over and seems all the promises have pretty much been made good. Nice work 3dr, well worth the wait.

That and in all honesty I think 250 or so is probably where it should have been for us in the first place. Still no regrets happy to be one of the early adopters even through the bumps in the road.

I've even mostly forgotten how frustrated they had us all over our launch delays and misinformation. Almost funny how upset we all were having to wait now that it's over. I felt like a kid who woke up on Christmas to be told to wait a day, then two or a week, then a month ouch. Lol, thank god that's over and seems all the promises have pretty much been made good. Nice work 3dr, well worth the wait.

Perhaps, but I dunno...I feel it was a fair price. One thing I've surmised is the Solo has been a good compromise between the Phantom Series and the Inspire, and if that is my metric, it's been priced right (but poorly marketed) all along. However, with the new DJI being released soon, I can see the need to be more competitive, even though it is a more advanced platform.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Agreed to a point, but by the time I got my kit together I spent well enough to get an inspire. Yea it started as in between and I could have probably got by with less, but even spending more than an Inspire I'm confident I made the right move for me. Especially since it seems that we shouldn't have to buy more than accessory upgrades for at least a decent amount of time.

That said I did upgrade more things than I needed to go with solo I guess. Wasn't the plan originally, but I liked solo enough to go all in after I got it.

Agreed to a point, but by the time I got my kit together I spent well enough to get an inspire.
And if you'd bought an Inspire, you'd said you spent enough to buy a S900...;) Vicious cycle....

I really think Solo is a great investment, I believe time will prove that out.

And if you'd bought an Inspire, you'd said you spent enough to buy a S900...;) Vicious cycle....

I really think Solo is a great investment, I believe time will prove that out.
No doubt I'm happy with my purchase as well, if I'd of bought an inspire I'd be regretting it even if I loved it, with each solo update. Their updates mostly fix their admitted issues at best, while solos do that and add options and abilities.

After looking through and comparing all this time now, I do see some value in the Dji birds though. For now at least it'd be nice to have both for indoor or enclosed type situations alone and the quality of the video looks nice admittedly. I could have really used the sensors a few weeks back filming inside our convention center for a family member, but I still managed. Solo too will have that option soon I'm sure and then I'll have little use for other birds I'm betting. I'm still on board with solo 100%, but I can see where for some people the other options are appealing still for now at least. Glad to see this competition is turning into a big win price wise for us consumers on both sides of the fence though.

Reactions: pyrate
YOLO... just purchased mine too. Had it next day shipped even tho I don't need it that soon (only $4 extra) Bought it cuz Everyone else is doing it......

Reactions: Andrew McCuaig
There is no need to rush to get these prices. Word is this is the new retail on the Gimbal $199 and new retail on the Solo is $799. Those prices are starting to show up other places as well.

Reactions: pyrate
agreed, Solo is more capable than Phantom, but not quite Inspires equal.
So this new pricing keeps it where it should be if it sticks.

I too am not sorry to see a price drop. Yes I paid more, but have been having a blast. Those early days were tough on fans of solo, they botched enough on the roll out to run a lot of people away. Still long run what I expected from solo has been delivered.

My one and only wish is that some other camera maker would show up with a generic M43 or similar camera and gimbal that could fly on solo
Otherwise at some point I will buy a more capable camera platform

No doubt I'm happy with my purchase as well, if I'd of bought an inspire I'd be regretting it even if I loved it, with each solo update. Their updates mostly fix their admitted issues at best, while solos do that and add options and abilities.

After looking through and comparing all this time now, I do see some value in the Dji birds though. For now at least it'd be nice to have both for indoor or enclosed type situations alone and the quality of the video looks nice admittedly. I could have really used the sensors a few weeks back filming inside our convention center for a family member, but I still managed. Solo too will have that option soon I'm sure and then I'll have little use for other birds I'm betting. I'm still on board with solo 100%, but I can see where for some people the other options are appealing still for now at least. Glad to see this competition is turning into a big win price wise for us consumers on both sides of the fence though.

Almost with you on the Inspire, but that last little route on the inspire owners group convinced me that I made the right choice
When a manufacturer tries to shut down an owners group, something is very wrong

Now that's a bargain, I just got an email that the p3 is 999 now too, but on sale. Camera or not I'd say that's a pretty easy decision for most
Almost with you on the Inspire, but that last little route on the inspire owners group convinced me that I made the right choice
When a manufacturer tries to shut down an owners group, something is very wrong

Ouch yea that's rough, I've been off a while hadn't heard about that.

I've actually still had an eye out for a used inspire at a good price, proly won't ever pull the trigger unless it's too good o deal to pass on though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks