Gimbal help (UK)

Reaction score
Hey all,

Ive had the solo sitting around for a while, but with the weather being rubbish (especially on my days off!), ive not had a chance to fly it. But I did get it out today, and took some videos while playing around with different settings.

Now it seems I am getting horrendous micro vibrations and I'm not sure on how to fix it. I do not have the balance weights unfortunately (got lost somewhere in HK) and I am using a Hero3+Black. I also have a ND filter on which is probably a little heavy.

What I'm asking is, can anyone advise where I can buy some replacement weights from? I've tried over and over on the 3DR Store site (tried loads when I got the email for the 2-for-1 battery deal), but I cant seem to get the site to allow me to buy anything.

Also, I dont have the packing piece for the gimbal which locks it in place - can someone post a pic so I can make a repalcement? At the moment, I use a bit of foam to stop the gimbal from tilting up/down.

Thanks!

Hey all,
Hi it sounds like your HDMI cables

Ive had the solo sitting around for a while, but with the weather being rubbish (especially on my days off!), ive not had a chance to fly it. But I did get it out today, and took some videos while playing around with different settings.

Now it seems I am getting horrendous micro vibrations and I'm not sure on how to fix it. I do not have the balance weights unfortunately (got lost somewhere in HK) and I am using a Hero3+Black. I also have a ND filter on which is probably a little heavy.

What I'm asking is, can anyone advise where I can buy some replacement weights from? I've tried over and over on the 3DR Store site (tried loads when I got the email for the 2-for-1 battery deal), but I cant seem to get the site to allow me to buy anything.

Also, I dont have the packing piece for the gimbal which locks it in place - can someone post a pic so I can make a repalcement? At the moment, I use a bit of foam to stop the gimbal from tilting up/down.

Thanks!

Hi it sounds like your HDMI and or gimbal control cable are touching the internal motor of the gimbal try reinstalling the gimbal and make sure all your cables are not touching the internal motor keep the cables to the side make sure the HDMI cable has a good bend before plunging it in . The weights are to keep it balanced center they sell the weights 3DR SOLO website for $9.99 I think that's the price.

I thin I'll try that, but again I don't think the store works for uk address. Is there any other places I could get the weights? What weight are they individually? I could just make my own I guess.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Ok, so little update.

I bought a ton of stuff from Relish3D including the HDMI cable. Installed that, and it has helped.

However, before doing the install (and now a lot after), the gimbal itself seems to be fubar. The camera just tilts left and right and left and right..... etc etc slowly, but its not right. When flying, its like the quad is banking corners! Kinda cool when flying, but not a bit of use for filming. Also, it sometimes doesnt move with command (up and down) unless i tap it with my finger.

I have checked that nothing is touching anywhere - I even took off the battery cover after gimbal install to 100% ensure nothing was in the way.
I have also tried to do stick calibration, but not helped.

Today, I took it for another test, and it still is doing the annoying movements, but I'm also now getting a roller-image problem like old VHS tapes used to do.

Am I right that the gimbal is probably broken?

Ok, so little update.

I bought a ton of stuff from Relish3D including the HDMI cable. Installed that, and it has helped.

However, before doing the install (and now a lot after), the gimbal itself seems to be fubar. The camera just tilts left and right and left and right..... etc etc slowly, but its not right. When flying, its like the quad is banking corners! Kinda cool when flying, but not a bit of use for filming. Also, it sometimes doesnt move with command (up and down) unless i tap it with my finger.

I have checked that nothing is touching anywhere - I even took off the battery cover after gimbal install to 100% ensure nothing was in the way.
I have also tried to do stick calibration, but not helped.

Today, I took it for another test, and it still is doing the annoying movements, but I'm also now getting a roller-image problem like old VHS tapes used to do.

Am I right that the gimbal is probably broken?
I had a similar problem with a gimbal that had been through a bit of a thrashing (a week of hard flying in high winds with more than a few hard landings).

Ultimately I had to replace the gimbal. However, 3DR Support did have me do a complete factory reset. Followed by a couple level calibrations. You could try doing that; it might help.

The factory reset is a pain. You'll have to re-update all your firmware, and repair the controller, but I think it's worth a try. Good luck.

Spoke to 3dr with video showing the problems and they said straight away it's buggered. Need to work with them now to get a replacement as it was bought in the states, shipped to Hong Kong then brought over to me. Kinda difficult to send back to reseller :)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44