Gimbal detection issues

Reaction score
Anyone else have the 'solo gimbal not found' error after connecting everything properly? I got mine today, followed the 3DR install video and got a live feed but no paddle response plus that 'not found' message. Advice on the Solo Owners page on FB was to try a stick cal, but i use a wired network at home and that requires a network wireless card (huhhhhh)... Then was told to try a sensor recal., but now there are errors on both tests... any ideas what is wrong? My guess is data cable...

I had the same problem. I was able to see vids but no link or control for gimbal. Don't waste any time get with 3dr and send it back for replacement. Takes about 3 to 4 weeks.

been on the phone for an hour and a half with them; Very helpful I might add. Has to be the gimbal board. Got a MBG code from them too if my reseller has issues.

Reactions: Maddog
By prepared. It's a slow boat from China with these gimbals. The replacement I received worked good for 30 seconds then started flopping to one side. Just before I fired off an angry email a found out the next day there was a software update and that has fixed it so far. I'm hearing on the forums about other problems ( overheating GopPro, slight gimbal shutter from not being balanced, etc..) but I haven't experienced any yet. This forum is a great place to keep up with workarounds and fixes.

Gopro is way too hot imo... This gimbal is slightly moving while sitting still, so I'm just sending it back to the seller (which offered refund). I was trying to save some $ and got it for 360(new) but it's turning out to be more hassle than getting it at cost from a retailer. I'm on the solo owners page all the time and I've never heard of this combination of symptoms. The calibration failures were the sign that something is wrong in the board.

I bought mine straight from 3DR after waiting for so long for retailers to stock it. Their website says it can take 4 to 6 weeks to get ( at least it did 6 weeks ago when i bought the original one) the gimbal but i actually got it in under 2 weeks. The replacement took about 4 weeks.

Long time to wait! Almost thinking I should just pay full price and get it from bast buy.

By prepared. It's a slow boat from China with these gimbals. The replacement I received worked good for 30 seconds then started flopping to one side. Just before I fired off an angry email a found out the next day there was a software update and that has fixed it so far. I'm hearing on the forums about other problems ( overheating GopPro, slight gimbal shutter from not being balanced, etc..) but I haven't experienced any yet. This forum is a great place to keep up with workarounds and fixes.
I got a replacement gimbal recently For the one I broke when I crashed into a tree. I flew briefly in my backyard to test the install and it was fine. I took it out for a real flight yesterday and the same thing happened to me. What is the software update you mention?

Tried another gimbal and same thing! o.k. The Solo needs to go back.
Hi Alex.
did you ever find out what the problem was with the gimbal Not found Warning? I have several Solos and gimbals but I just bought a refurbished Solo and I have tried two different gimbals on it and still get the Gimbal Not Found Notification.
I have a live picture to my tablet but the camera isn't operating and it can not be moved up and down. but it is stabilizing. Please let me know what you found out. I know it is not the gimbal but was wondering what can you do to fix the Solo??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44