Gimbal Delay ?

Reaction score
Rumor on the street is that the gimbal is not going to ship with the Solo and wont ship till June.

Looking at their site it shows "Current orders will ship in June" for the Solo and for the gimbal it just says "Ships in June".

The lack of flight videos online makes me think they are still working on the gimbal.

Reactions: Raybro
Yeah, maybe they are sorting issues with GoPro...

Hope they have all business details worked out with gopro at this point and its just technical things. If that ever falls through it pretty much destroys their business plan.

UAV Direct just announced a new IR Agriculture camera for the DJI Inspire. No doubt Frank Wang Tao is a happy camper. But I find this exciting too as I'm rooting for Colin Guinn and 3dr to come on strong with there own camera/software updates through the Solo project and keep the heat on WangTao's ass. I love the competition and these two entrepreneurs going toe to toe means only great things for the consumer/prosumer drone market. Yes, there are A LOT of unanswered questions about the Solo, and the Phantom series has a pretty darn good record over all but I'm counting on Guinn to keep pace with Wang Tao on new and exciting releases and developments. I have pre ordered my Solo and can't wait to launch the little sucker. If I don't like it I can always sell it and get me yet another Phantom. So I'm not all up in arms about the lack of Solo video online, I'm not too concerned about the gimble shipping, if anything, I'm sleeping very well at night dreaming about all the incredible future cool technology I'll be able to put in the sky to capture images, which is my first love.

Reactions: TaniaGail
I agree, the competition is great.. This is exciting times to buy a flying camera.

I have a p2H4 and I am holding off until the Solo launches to buy my next drone.. Looking foreword to reading reviews from those that will have it first.

Such a long time ago.......
Ha and we thought delayed gimbal till June sucked, little did we know we wouldn't even see solo till then, now it's mid September and I have no date on a gimbal still. Sad truly sad it makes me wish dji was a better option, nope still not dammit.

Such a long time ago.......
Hey I think I was still drinkin the kool aid back then, actually most of us still were, lmfao. 3dr can do no wrong they are the answer to all our problems, USA USA USA. Lol. How things can change in a few of the longest months in history.

Just asked 3DR about those gimbals and Canada. Was told they don't know what their resellers inventory is. So I responded by asking when they're actually going to ship the gimbals to them in the first place. We'll see what response I get to that.

I also asked about the 30 day MBG after receiving gimbal and they stated that it is still valid. So if our gimbals don't arrive for another 60 days, we still have 30 days after that to return for money back. Don't think many of us will still be waiting another 60 days.

Let's hope so!
I RECEIVED MINE FROM THE VERY RELIABLE GUYS AT DRONEFLY TODAY AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH ITS FIRST TRIAL FLIGHT THIS EVENING ! IT WAS SURELY WORTH THE WAIT (ORDERED MAY 21ST) YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GONE THRU A PANTOM 2 AND THE NEW 3 THIS YEAR BOTH OF WITH I WAS NOT SMART ENOUGH TO FLY ! AND GAVE THEM BOTH TO 2 OF MY GRANDSONS . I WAS ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH IN MY FIRST VERY TENTATIVE FLIGHT WHAT I FAILED TO DO WITH THE (FOR ME) VERY TEMPERAMENTAL PHANTOM'S , INCIDENTALLY BOTH GRANDSON'S LAUNCHED FLEW AND BEGAN MAKING VIDEOS FROM THEIR FIRST FLIGHTS . THEY BOTH AGREE THOUGH THAT THE SOLO IS MUCH EASIER TO FLY AND INHERENTLY MORE INTUITIVE FOR SOMEONE LIKE MYSELF .
GREGGDE

Just asked 3DR about those gimbals and Canada. Was told they don't know what their resellers inventory is. So I responded by asking when they're actually going to ship the gimbals to them in the first place. We'll see what response I get to that.

I also asked about the 30 day MBG after receiving gimbal and they stated that it is still valid. So if our gimbals don't arrive for another 60 days, we still have 30 days after that to return for money back. Don't think many of us will still be waiting another 60 days.
What about Motor Pods..????
I'll be damn if I can find a Motor pod anywhere in stock in any retail stores US or Canada!! And 3DR does not ship derect to costumer in Canada anymore.... So I'm screwed ether way..!!!

I tried to return mine under the "30 day warranty" and was told its only valid for people who bought from 3dr directly. I even had a e-mail from 3dr support telling me about the extension but I was told they shouldn't have told me that.
I'm going to wait for the gimbal and see how it works.....

I would hold on. This company is moving fast even if the shipping is not. With some of the investors they have gained I think in a year we will see a totally different 3DR.
Life on the bleeding edge..............;)

I would hold on. This company is moving fast even if the shipping is not. With some of the investors they have gained I think in a year we will see a totally different 3DR.
Life on the bleeding edge..............;)

+1 Worth the wait.

Still having a blast flying my Yuneec 4k..Over 150 flights since I cancelled my Solo order Jul 1st. Have not had any problems yet. This image is from 300ft above a corn maze near Baker, FLoridaSept 13 Corn Maze.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig