Generic Battery + Arduino = Happy Solo

Reaction score
His response via eBay was

"Hi ship to USA and Canada only.

Been frauded 2 times by Aussies. Will not happen again, "

Looks like this won't happen unless i get myself a US shipping address.....

Reaction score
His response via eBay was

"Hi ship to USA and Canada only.

Been frauded 2 times by Aussies. Will not happen again, "

Looks like this won't happen unless i get myself a US shipping address.....
Happy to forward some if you'd like. You set up and pay for shipping from me to you. These aren't on any ECLs that I know of.

Reaction score
So webbs and I have been working on a few different PCB designs - there's more coming, but for anyone wanting a to use an Arduino Pro Mini and an external APM, we have come up with this (Though we realised may need ICSP header too, so needs updating to move the resistors to the back of the board to accommodate that, and shuffle some other things around to keep all the plugs accessible)

The idea is for it to be about this shape so it fits along side the battery, covered in heat shrink - much like spieky has done

The next iteration will have voltage sense and regulator on board, then another after that hopefully, that does away with the Arduino and uses just the ATMega chip and other bits required (should we include the neo's? maybe?)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.uavs.com.au
I looked at many different options for this but you would still need something to interface with the chip to the Solo as i couldn't find anything with SMBUS coms built in. This chip looks good in being able to carry out all the measurements and then could be integrated with and Arduino or similar.

Some of the chips that did have the SMBUS options then would have to stay with the battery as they report the capacity etc. based on counting current in and current out so this would be hard to move between batteries.

Great if you can get something like this working giving a more accurate cell reading along with current and temperature.

Thanks for the link, I have requested shipping costs for the plug to NZ so will see what that comes in at....
I ordered half a dozen of these from this guy.
Payed, waited 60 days, then put in a claim which he bitched and moaned about.
There was never any record of dispatch, and of course none arrived.
I think this guy is scamming US.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rubic0n