General help

Reaction score
Hi I have a Solo 3 I bought recently. It doesn't fly and I was aware of this when I bought it (hence price) The guy told me he had updated the drone and controller but ran into problems after this. I power up the controller and it says its OS is Solo 4. when the drone itself switches on I get a tone, Front right LED is Green, Front Left LED is Red and 2 rear ones are yellow. I have tried a reset on the unit but it wont perform an update. Is there a solution to this? Is there an image I can download anywhere for the internal Micro SD card? I believe this is a software issue but the controller is not talking to the drone and I cannot connect via SHS.

Its running a standard box

Many Thanks

Roy

Hi I have a Solo 3 I bought recently. It doesn't fly and I was aware of this when I bought it (hence price) The guy told me he had updated the drone and controller but ran into problems after this. I power up the controller and it says its OS is Solo 4. when the drone itself switches on I get a tone, Front right LED is Green, Front Left LED is Red and 2 rear ones are yellow. I have tried a reset on the unit but it wont perform an update. Is there a solution to this? Is there an image I can download anywhere for the internal Micro SD card? I believe this is a software issue but the controller is not talking to the drone and I cannot connect via SHS.

Many Thanks

Roy
Have you paired the bird to the GCS?

Many Thanks

Roy
Im having the same issue

A word of caution. If the previous owner didn't do the OpenSolo4 recovery partition step during upgrade then a factory reset will cause more problems. A reset under this scenario will cause a firmware mismatch between the controller and copter. I know because I did that. The update process was 'taking to long' so I reset. Big mistake. Lucky I had other controllers I could use to communicate with the copter. I started the update from the beginning and finished successfully.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl