Free Battery? What Free Battery?

I was just wondering if anybody who ordered in a Solo directly from 3DR has received their free battery (assuming, of course that you have received the Solo)? My Solo was received on June 23rd as a drop shipment from the Chinese factory and did not include the "free" battery. It has been a good ten days since I sent my first inquiry to 3DR "Help" and have only received a "we are really busy" automated response. I just sent the third email to see if I can get some idea as to when to expect my free battery. I also do have the gimbal on order so I should qualify for the offer. I was just curious if anybody else has had a similar issue.
Yes, preordered 4/30 from 3DR and have both gimbal for week or so (awesome!) and just received the free battery today from UPS via PCH in China!

I was told the "battery be coming very soon", you will receive an email with tracking number and yes very soon, soon as possible". I did get the two batteries I paid for, that was ordered may 15.

Well, I have to admit that 3DR came through and shipped my free battery as well. It just came in via UPS directly from China. Thank you 3DR! Since I received my gimbal nearly two weeks ago, the Solo has been flying multiple sorties on a daily basis. Now that the average time on a full battery is about 12 minutes, the third battery will be very handy for those extended flights. I'm glad to hear that a number of other Solo pilots are also receiving their free batteries. This is truly a good sign that 3DR is starting to get their inventories stabilized which will bode well for the whole Solo program.

Not sure why some are getting the battery and some aren't, but I can tell you that I did receive my free battery the same delivery day as the gimbal. I had also ordered an extra battery on 07/11 and received it today 9/8. I agree with most, that the method of who gets what and when is very random. I ordered the gimbal much later than others (June 4th) and received it in the first wave of shipments...go figure!

I was told the "battery be coming very soon", you will receive an email with tracking number and yes very soon, soon as possible". I did get the two batteries I paid for, that was ordered may 15.

Mine is the FREE battery promised!

I didn't know what I was getting. Looking at my 3DR account, the order wasn't posted. Just had a UPS alert that there was a package coming. When I checked it was PCH (3DR mfg) in china. Then a post from 3DR arrived shortly after that an order was on it's way.

Growing pains, but will hand it to 3DR. They're getting the orders out.

In my 35+ years of watching start ups get product out, it's pretty much the norm with this time frame. I honestly thought they did it faster than I thought. .....but not giving excuses on missed time frames quoted...just saying it's commonly seen with companies more established and far bigger than 3DR. Sure others will rightfully disagree, just IMHO.

I placed my order with 3DR on 5/8/15. Received gimbal last week and free battery came in yesterday.

Being that my Solo is just a toy for me, I had no problem waiting for the gimbal for as long as it took them to get it right. That said, I understand the frustration and feel like the gimbal should not have been initially marked as a package deal

Every time I've emailed them for help or to ask a question, I've gotten a response within 2-3 days. I can imagine the difficulty of predicting a product launch like this and I'm sure that it has been a learning experience for the entire company. I'm sure they'll do better next time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig