Free Battery? What Free Battery?

I imagine Best Buy didn't receive all of their preordered units at once. I guess 3DR wants to spread the love around. It's probably good business to first get as many units out (with 1 battery) and then start getting folks their extra batteries.

so, how is it that we are all having to await our backordered batteries, but they had enough to re-stock Best Buy yesterday?

Exactly... I purchased 2 batteries last week from 2 different BB's. ( I scanned the best buy app hourly) I still want my free battery... Lol

I imagine Best Buy didn't receive all of their preordered units at once. I guess 3DR wants to spread the love around. It's probably good business to first get as many units out (with 1 battery) and then start getting folks their extra batteries.
I propose that is a better business practice to not screw your customers who have already paid you money, especially when so many people are having issues with their Solos.

Reactions: rrmccabe
You don't think Best Buy paid them with money just like everyone else?

I propose that is a better business practice to not screw your customers who have already paid you money, especially when so many people are having issues with their Solos.
Were you able to return your Solo or did you decide to hold on to it?

I don't know about a free one!! I ordered my solo through B&H and they didn't offer anything free. I did however have to RMA my solo due to I bent the HDMI cable which they will fix under warranty. I asked about batteries and gimbal, they said gimbals will ship by end of July but they had no ETA on the batteries.

Well, I just received an email response from Vu Tran at 3DR who explained that they are behind on battery production and that I (and I assume all of you as well) can expect our "free" batteries in early August. So I guess patience will just have to prevail. I might add that the tone of the email was very pleasant, apologetic, and straight forward. I have no real complaints, but it sure would be nice to have that second battery to achieve the extra flight time to thoroughly check out all of Solo's features.

So...

Well, I just received an email response from Vu Tran at 3DR who explained that they are behind on battery production and that I (and I assume all of you as well) can expect our "free" batteries in early August. .

From Colin Email.

Here’s what we’re offering: Anyone who purchases Solo in the months of May or June will receive a free Solo flight battery ($149 USD). At least you’ll have some extra flight time to practice those Cable cam shots, and of course enjoy the HD video streaming from the GoPro for some fun FPV flying while you wait for your gimbal.

Shaking my head.

Reactions: Michael Stevenson
I purchased mine from BB online this week. It arrived today, But no free battery.

I called BB customer service and advised them that I did not get the free battery.

I also advised them of 3DR statement about all solo drones purchased before July 15th 2015 should come with a free battery. It was the responsibility of the reseller to supply it.

Then hit them with this link

http://bloggernetwork.bestbuy.com/3d-robotics-solo-drone-messaging-project-june-2015

Towards the bottom it tells the bloggers to push the following promotion

Key Offers to call out:
o Get a FREE Solo Smart Battery (Reg. Price: $149.99) when you purchase the 3DR Solo Drone (Sku: 5354101). Valid 6/7-7/11 at Best Buy.

The guy put me on hold while he spoke with back office. He came back and told me BB had refunded me $150 for not getting the free battery. After I got off the phone I went onto BB and ordered the battery.

BB is having problems fulfilling orders, and this can not and should not be blamed on 3DR. They have their own issues to deal with and make amends for.
When I returned my defective Solo to BB for a replacement, they couldn't order one for me through their system. The clerk at the return desk was on the phone with her manager, then the regional office trying to figure out why they were unable to order either the Solo or the battery. While I stood their waiting for them to determine why they couldn't order, I pulled up the website on my phone and placed the order to have the new Solo delivered to my house. I interupted the clerk, showed her the order, and told her she could hang up and help the next customer. The website said the battery was not available for shipment, so they told me to keep the original "free" battery. The very next day my new "free battery" was delivered. Overnight shipping on a battery that the website I ordered from said was unavailable. Regardless, Best Buy's issues are their own.

The thing is, they don't have physical stock of them. I had them order me my free battery. Which they did. Honestly, it's really up to management on duty. I purchased the solo at a different BB but did not have batteries in stock. After being there for over an hour of trying to get a raincheck or something, they told me they can't do anything about it. I went to a local bb and they gave me a raincheck. Now my battery is on its way.

I went to Best Buy last night and they ordered the Free Battery from another store since they didn't have one in stock. Suppose to have it by Friday. Thanks to the info above it was no hassle to get them to order it.

I just thought that I would update this thread with an interesting development. We were all told that we would get our "free" batteries when the initial pipeline of orders was filled. I too am impatient like most Solo owners, so I ordered in another battery on July 15 to bump up my count to three batteries when (and if) I received my free battery. I just got notification that they have shipped my purchased battery yesterday. Now the big question will be; does this also include my "free" battery? Have any of you received your "free" battery from 3DR?

I just got my free battery today from best buy Canada, now I have 4 total....just need a gimbal like everyone else

First of all, I apologize to have to bring this back from page 23 of all the titles. I ordered my Solo and gimbal from 3DR way back in April 30 and have received both items as of 12 days ago. I have yet to see my "free" battery as promised. I know that many of you are in the same boat, but I still find it irritating that 3DR has not come through with their promise. I presently have another inquiry in with 3DR asking about the status, but so far, no response (over a week). In the meantime, I have ordered another battery and charger from 3DR and both have been received (and paid for). So, if these batteries are so scarce, how come we can order them or pick them up in BB? If you are listening 3DR, you need to come clean with your promise and get these "free" batteries out to your loyal customers before they become "less than loyal".

First of all, I apologize to have to bring this back from page 23 of all the titles. I ordered my Solo and gimbal from 3DR way back in April 30 and have received both items as of 12 days ago. I have yet to see my "free" battery as promised. I know that many of you are in the same boat, but I still find it irritating that 3DR has not come through with their promise. I presently have another inquiry in with 3DR asking about the status, but so far, no response (over a week). In the meantime, I have ordered another battery and charger from 3DR and both have been received (and paid for). So, if these batteries are so scarce, how come we can order them or pick them up in BB? If you are listening 3DR, you need to come clean with your promise and get these "free" batteries out to your loyal customers before they become "less than loyal".
Same as you ordered 4/30 direct from 3DR. Was on the phone with them last week. They stated free batteries will be shipping out this coming week. We will see....have the Solo and Gimbal. Impressed with what I have, will be patient. NOT holding my breath about next week based on past promises....but very happy to be able to fly that gimbal! waaaaay cool based on my brench tests! (...not my first gopro/ gimbal rodeo - yeeeehaw!)

I am waiting for my batt but went to BB and they had like 6 on the shelf with a dozen props. I was needing it because of the bad cell in mine which i need to call and get a replacement for.

finally got a date for my gimbal, which will be shipped Sept 15th. I asked about the battery and the 3dr rep said it'll be delivered a few weeks after the gimbal.. i've heard that before.

So we'll see.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso