FPV Monitor Query

Pie

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Hoping someone with experience can maybe clarify for me.

I'm currently flying with my iPhone6+ in the controller holder - but the screen is a little too small and not that easy to see clearly on bright days.

I do have an iPad but its a few generations old and not compatible with the Solo App. Its also WiFi only.

This leaves me with the option of forking out on an new iPad Mini on a 4G plan over 24 months which works out at nearly £700 ($1000US) or I can buy myself an FPV Monitor to plug into the Controllers HDMI port which will only be around £150 ($230US)

As the FPV Monitor is purely an output device, am I correct in assuming I still require the iPhone running in the background to link up with Solo?
i.e. The FPV monitor is essentially an additional screen to what is displayed on the iPhone?

Is there a means to attach both the FPV Monitor to the Controller holder and attach a secondary (aftermarket) attachment to hold the iPhone above the monitor?

Thanks in advance.

You are correct that you need an iPad, iPhone, etc. to run the Solo app.

The HDMI out only shows the feed from the GoPro- it doesn't show the flight info like altitude, satellites, etc.

Don't know how you would attach both but I'm sure somebody here does!

Hi guys,

I'm currently flying with my iPhone6+ in the controller holder - but the screen is a little too small and not that easy to see clearly on bright days.

I do have an iPad but its a few generations old and not compatible with the Solo App. Its also WiFi only.

This leaves me with the option of forking out on an new iPad Mini on a 4G plan over 24 months which works out at nearly £700 ($1000US) or I can buy myself an FPV Monitor to plug into the Controllers HDMI port which will only be around £150 ($230US)

As the FPV Monitor is purely an output device, am I correct in assuming I still require the iPhone running in the background to link up with Solo?
i.e. The FPV monitor is essentially an additional screen to what is displayed on the iPhone?

Is there a means to attach both the FPV Monitor to the Controller holder and attach a secondary (aftermarket) attachment to hold the iPhone above the monitor?

Thanks in advance.
This is what I'm going to try for FPV. Pre-order. Ship end of Dec. 2015
Vufine

This is what I'm going to try for FPV. Pre-order. Ship end of Dec. 2015
Vufine
I've seen that before and I really like it. The shipping date had been the end of October- wonder why it got pushed back?
I'll wait until it actually comes out before I make a buying decision.

I've seen that before and I really like it. The shipping date had been the end of October- wonder why it got pushed back?
I'll wait until it actually comes out before I make a buying decision.
Yes it;s a delay in MFG from the kickstarter launch. I will be trying it the day I get it

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.
I have an iPad mini 3 that I have been using with Solo, but the screen is not bright enough, especially on bright days. Sun screens do little to help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44