Follow Me Mode - 3PV with Solo?

Reaction score
I got an email today from 3DR with the subject "Hungry for more about Solo?"

In this email, I click the pic for Cable Cam and it goes to a great article about it. There was in a link in there which goes to a video of 3DR going to Richard Bransons island. They strap a Pebble watch on Branson and a drone is able to follow him while he kite surfs. They called it 3PV (third person view).

A quick google search on how to do this found this article: Follow Me Instructions | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

I got my Solo so I could film a few of my pro wakeboard buddies, as well as a bunch of other activities that we all do. Is there a way to do this with Solo? That link was in an article about Solo and Cable Cam; so I assume its possible. I couldn't find much more detail on the matter. Here is the video and the article.

Last edited:
Pebble is another app on Play Store, I really haven't heard anyone discussing it use here or else where. Maybe not fully implemented at the moment since Solo has been gimbal-less. Now that the gimbal has been released I'm certain we'll see more about the software/hardware feature...for you action type.

Link to correct video???....corrected in original post by OP

Last edited:
I'd assume follow or the new watch me feature they added could do this easy enough but sadly can't confirm until I recieve my gimbal. I saw some info about pebble and solo the other day and plan to get one soon but was waiting to see if others are useable like the gear curve since I'm using an s6 at the moment.

Wow looks like I'm the idiot buying a smart watch now, I made fun of these things not long ago. Thinking wow now you have to pull your wrist up instead of pull your phone up to check or do things isn't that worth 200 bucks. I knew then that I'd eventually be suckered into one but had no idea why.

I'd assume follow or the new watch me feature they added could do this easy enough but sadly can't confirm until I recieve my gimbal. I saw some info about pebble and solo the other day and plan to get one soon but was waiting to see if others are useable like the gear curve since I'm using an s6 at the moment.

Wow looks like I'm the idiot buying a smart watch now, I made fun of these things not long ago. Thinking wow now you have to pull your wrist up instead of pull your phone up to check or do things isn't that worth 200 bucks. I knew then that I'd eventually be suckered into one but had no idea why.
I don't think follow me works with Samsung's Gear S (the curved watch). It was only compatible with the pebble watch last I checked. A friend uses his Pebble with his 3DR Iris+.
I have the Gear S watch, love it (and no, I don't do the Dick Tracy Phone calls, but I do use it for texting when nobody is watching), and I'm hoping that eventually there will be a 3DR ap for this watch! Serous though, I really felt like I'd totally geeked out, but really do like the watch.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I got an email today from 3DR with the subject "Hungry for more about Solo?"

In this email, I click the pic for Cable Cam and it goes to a great article about it. There was in a link in there which goes to a video of 3DR going to Richard Bransons island. They strap a Pebble watch on Branson and a drone is able to follow him while he kite surfs. They called it 3PV (third person view).

A quick google search on how to do this found this article: Follow Me Instructions | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

I got my Solo so I could film a few of my pro wakeboard buddies, as well as a bunch of other activities that we all do. Is there a way to do this with Solo? That link was in an article about Solo and Cable Cam; so I assume its possible. I couldn't find much more detail on the matter. Here is the video and the article.
Cable cam is not what you think. It moves (solo and camera) between two 3D points.

What you are likely looking for is Follow Me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M