Foam Gimbal Lock

Reaction score
Hi, I need 3 foam gimbal locks, please PM me with price. Thanks Dave

$3000 a piece. Tell you what, I'll throw in the undamaged box, screw driver, sunshade and weights too.

Oh you can all roll your eyes now, but wait until Christmas 2018, that will be a bargain price...

Reactions: fvincent
That’s a great deal!! I paid $3750.00 and it didn’t include the screwdriver. I also had to pay additional $35.00 for shipping/handling.

Oh... I even have the little rolls of cardboard that keep the screwdriver and handle together in the box. That's the level of service we're dealing with here.

Thanks. Keep rubbing that salt in my open wounds!
The pace in which folks are destroying gimbals, there should be thousands of foam stabilization blocks all over the place!

Irishmanpdx- there you go!
Buy a nice CNC machine for $200,000.00 and start cutting out 3 DR gimbal foam blocks!
Surely this business venture can’t possibly fail!!

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Lots of talk about the types of foam or other materials that are unsuitable for culling vibration in your solo, however bet you could use all sorts of material for making a gimbal lock. Can of "fix a flat" here I come!

But those stoopid asses kept those empty gimbal boxes and sold them of ebay for big bucks!!!!!

Stabilize your gimbal with spray foam. With one can you can do a couple dozen!!

hmmmmm I feel we just hijacked this thread away from someone who desperately & actually wants some Gimbal foam blocks... :( Hopefully someone can help him out. If not, I have a spray can solution!

I wonder what those little retainers sell for that held the leg extensions together??

Dunno, but if someone wants extra height, there's all sorts of emails in my junk email box promising at least 6 extra inches, I'll forward them to you if you like. I'm sure they work on drones....

Seriously, I bet you could take one to a foam cutting business and they could cut you a few for cheap. These companies cut foam for cushions, camera cases, firearms, and pillows.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I use the empty cardboard toilet paper rolls- if conditions are extreme and it calls for additional clearance- I use the paper towel rolls.

I've seen the Gimbal locks out there, I really wouldn't want to attach something that ridged to my gimbal, it would just transfer energy right through it, but you're right, there would be a small market out there for gimbal foam blocks. $8 a pop plus shipping sounds reasonable. The other option would be some sort of softer material that could be used in a 3D printer, but not sure there's anything out there fitting the bill at the moment.

Bet an upholstery shop could cut out a few- hell, they cut out foam to redo seats, the stabilization block is all straight cuts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl