Foam Gimbal Lock Idea

Old habits die hard. I had some extra tags from the LSA I fly so I put one to good use. Don't want to burn out the Gimbal Motors!

Good idea! I flew my drone a few times for 5 minutes or so wondering why I couldn't control the gimbal!
Happened a few times already!!!
Dumb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FlyXlsa
I do not used any foam in my back pack on my solo gimbal, when I storage my solo in the bag.

do I or should I be using some foam? if so, I have thrown the foam away over two years ago
Haven't seen mine since unboxing in May of 2015. It doesn't hurt the gimbal to be in any free position when the power is off.

I only use the foam when taking the Solo on a hike ( in backpack). Even then, I think it is overkill since the backpack seems to as a good job stabilizing the gimbal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good idea! I flew my drone a few times for 5 minutes or so wondering why I couldn't control the gimbal!

Did the same thing. Took off and knew something was wrong when the live view was so shaky. Thought it was a potentially glitch flight controller or something, until I looked up and the Solo seemed rock steady in the air. Landed, rebooted, took off again... same thing. Landed again and.... Doh!!! Didn't seem to do it much harm, but I wasn't in the air for more than probably 3 to 4 minutes total.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44