Flying without camera?

So are you asking how it flys with out camera and gimbal? Or just the camera?
I think it would be very helpful when posting a thread to give much information as possible so we all could understand what your asking?
No camera no gimbal... if I had a gimbal I would have mentioned flying solo with gimbal and no camera

How is flying without camera?

Solo flies perfectly fine without the camera. I flew my first several flights without the one, just to get used to how it handled - didn't want to risk the camera unnecessarily.

Reactions: Saturn13
Solo flies perfectly fine without the camera. I flew my first several flights without the one, just to get used to how it handled - didn't want to risk the camera unnecessarily.
Ok Kool thanx man

No camera no gimbal... if I had a gimbal I would have mentioned flying solo with gimbal and no camera
Well, it depends!
If you are fine flying without guidance from other sources Solo flies great!
If you are a novice flyer however I'd wait for the camera/gimbal.
Just sayin'.

Like User Name, I flew the first several times without the GoPro in the mount just to get the feel for the Solo. It flew great that way. After that, I was much more comfortable adding the camera to the mount.

Reactions: Saturn13
Like User Name, I flew the first several times without the GoPro in the mount just to get the feel for the Solo. It flew great that way. After that, I was much more comfortable adding the camera to the mount.
Kool

Does anyone know if it is OK to fly SOLO with the gimbal installed but with no GoPro in? I also have an accessory bay mount for a couple cameras with modified lenses and was thinking I would help keep the weight down by taking the gopro out of the gimbal when mapping with the other two cameras.

I would think probably not, as the gimbal is only balanced when the camera is installed. The only way I could see this being ok is if the gimbal motors remain unpowered if it detects that a GoPro isn't present. If they get powered up, they'll be constantly trying to level the out-of-balance gimbal.

Hmm good point - I wonder what the max payload is with the solo and if I would be close to it if I flying with Solo / Battery / Gimbal & 3 GoPro

Hmm good point - I wonder what the max payload is with the solo and if I would be close to it if I flying with Solo / Battery / Gimbal & 3 GoPro
According to the Solo owners manual, which I'm sure everybody has read, the payload is 1.1 lbs (500 Grams).
It does not state if that includes the gimbal/ GoPro. The GoPro H4B weighs 88 grams so I think 4 GoPro's are do-able.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Does anyone know if it is OK to fly SOLO with the gimbal installed but with no GoPro in? I also have an accessory bay mount for a couple cameras with modified lenses and was thinking I would help keep the weight down by taking the gopro out of the gimbal when mapping with the other two cameras.

it is not ok to power on solo or fly solo without the gopro in the gimbal. you will damage the gimbal.

the max payload of solo is 700g. the gimbal + gopro is about 390g. if you fly the gimbal + gopro you have about 310g for other payload.

i have seen a solo flown with 4 gopros easy. i have also seen a solo lifting a phantom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150