Flying to Ecuador soon and have questions

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just read this post: Traveling with Solo and have some additional questions but didn't want to hijack the thread.

I'm flying to Ecuador in about a week and was wondering if I would be able to take my Solo on the flight (Aeromexico through Mexico City to Quito). I'd read somewhere that someone had to pay an import tax in Mexico but they said it may have been because their Solo looked new (which mine certainly does not). I think I have to go through Mexican customs then through customs in Ecuador but I'm not certain how it works. Does anyone have any experience with this? Also what about flying with the batteries in a checked bag versus a carry on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
I am doing the same trip... this year (2018) -
ANY information and ANY tips or advice from you (aidanlou) or anyone else...
I am searching the net and have been getting so much conflicting info.
I hope to bring my SOLO with its back pack and a few batteries. . . .
contact me directly or post reply here- I will check back often..
AZ.

Professional travel or vacation? If pro, you may want to look into an ATA Carnet or Temporary Import Bond.

Not exactly an answer to your question but a friend arrived in Brazil last year with his Phantom4 and it was promptly confiscated by authorities at the airport. He had to fly to the capitol to get an import permit.
He crashed in a high tree in the jungle and was lucky to recover it. Fly cautiously.

Professional travel or vacation? If pro, you may want to look into an ATA Carnet or Temporary Import Bond.

Its not professional travel just taking the family- but I've read some South American customs officials thinking the solo is a professional QUAD / "drone" and believing your on a "professional" agenda- based on the "value" of the drone. If it exceeds $500 then you must be a 'pro'... I'm hoping to bring the receipts from BBuy would assure them it is not valued at 500+

If anyone has 1st or second hand knowledge of a Solo being brought into those countries - Brazil, Ecuador, Peru or Columbia please chime in here- since Customs rules change over time.
Thanks
AZ.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc