Flying 3DR Solo in Asia (Japan and Thailand)

Reaction score
Hi all! So excited to joining this community. I'm a new with 3DR Solo and UAV. I will be traveling to Japan and Thailand next week and need feedback. Wondering if it will hold GPS signal there? I read something about 3DR Solo doesn't have Russian GPS satellite compared to DJI? I'm still learning flying manual so relying heavily on the GPS. Any input is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Jimbaran.

im not expert in satelite thing but im pretty sure earth covered bunch of sats

Hi all! So excited to joining this community. I'm a new with 3DR Solo and UAV. I will be traveling to Japan and Thailand next week and need feedback. Wondering if it will hold GPS signal there? I read something about 3DR Solo doesn't have Russian GPS satellite compared to DJI? I'm still learning flying manual so relying heavily on the GPS. Any input is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Jimbaran.
Hi Jimbaran, how was your trip to Japan and Thailand? How did you bring the Solo to those countries? with the backpack? are there any rules and regulation about the batteries? how about the custom? I am travelling to Malaysia soon and I want to make sure there is no problem with the custom. I have 3 batteries in total with the Solo backpack.

Hi Jimbaran, how was your trip to Japan and Thailand? How did you bring the Solo to those countries? with the backpack? are there any rules and regulation about the batteries? how about the custom? I am travelling to Malaysia soon and I want to make sure there is no problem with the custom. I have 3 batteries in total with the Solo backpack.
I live in Malaysia and have traveled in and out of mostly all Asia countries. No issue with customs. Although they are suppose to inspect and can apply a duty, just keep walking.

I am travelling to the Philippines by june, guys,, ill keep you posted here. Ive seen somebody flying their 3DR solo in some island resorts, so, just crossing my finger!

i live in boracay island philippines no one local flying 3dr but some of tourist only. i love to see 3dr and solo does can handle strong winds? becoz month of june is windy season.

i live in boracay island philippines no one local flying 3dr but some of tourist only. i love to see 3dr and solo does can handle strong winds? becoz month of june is windy season.
well, we are planning to go to El Nido island, hope its ok there.

Hello miss Toiletbowl

I am a new proud 3DR Solo owner and had sevral flights in cold and windy winter of Canada. ❄️☃️

Just saw you live in Boracay in The Philippines. I wonder if you still live there and using your Solo?
I will be travelling with my Solo to the Philippines for a month and a half in July 2017 to catch great scenery in your country. I will be passing to Boracay for 5 days. I wonder if you interested to meet up at the beach somewhere at station 1 or 2 or 3 to fly both of our Solo. That would be so cool to see 2x Solo flying together! Hope you can show me some nice spot for nice aerial scenery.

It seems to be a windy month in Philippines but I'm not worried. Here in Canada, I fly my Solo even with 20Km/h to 37Km/h wind condition with gust light rain or snow fall or even snow storms. It's amazing how this little Solo can handle!
Only downside in winter is the battery can only handle 10mins at -2°C or 8mins at -26°C with wind.

I hope I won't have any trouble with China Airlines carrying my Solo with the 3DR backpack and 3 batteries in it?

Hope to hear from you.

SNAKE island????:eek:
Yes, I've heard about that Snake Island!
I also heard about Chocolate Mountains which I think is north area from Manila.
I would love to shoot with My Solo in the Philippines rice field mountains or bamboo plantations.
Awwwww... In few more weeks...

Hello miss Toiletbowl

I am a new proud 3DR Solo owner and had sevral flights in cold and windy winter of Canada. ❄️☃️

Just saw you live in Boracay in The Philippines. I wonder if you still live there and using your Solo?
I will be travelling with my Solo to the Philippines for a month and a half in July 2017 to catch great scenery in your country. I will be passing to Boracay for 5 days. I wonder if you interested to meet up at the beach somewhere at station 1 or 2 or 3 to fly both of our Solo. That would be so cool to see 2x Solo flying together! Hope you can show me some nice spot for nice aerial scenery.

It seems to be a windy month in Philippines but I'm not worried. Here in Canada, I fly my Solo even with 20Km/h to 37Km/h wind condition with gust light rain or snow fall or even snow storms. It's amazing how this little Solo can handle!
Only downside in winter is the battery can only handle 10mins at -2°C or 8mins at -26°C with wind.

I hope I won't have any trouble with China Airlines carrying my Solo with the 3DR backpack and 3 batteries in it?

Hope to hear from you.
yes i fly here without any problem and what resort you stay just give me call thru my mobile phone +639093333222 or call my office local number 2885587 and look for MYRON. anyway im a boy :)

yes i fly here without any problem and what resort you stay just give me call thru my mobile phone +639093333222 or call my office local number 2885587 and look for MYRON. anyway im a boy :)

Hello Myron
Sorry I realized that you're a boy after I wrote to you.
I like way you're passionate about drone flying.
So are you still buying a Karma? Looking for new challenges beside your Phantom and 3DR Solo?

I didn't book any hotel yet. I will call you once I get there since I will be travelling a bit in the Philippines.
How is the light there in July?
Do I need to have a ND filter? I only use an old GoPro 3+Silver, so no Protune mode and no manual feature also. So, just basic stuff just for personal hobby.

Cheers

Hello Myron
Sorry I realized that you're a boy after I wrote to you.
I like way you're passionate about drone flying.
So are you still buying a Karma? Looking for new challenges beside your Phantom and 3DR Solo?

I didn't book any hotel yet. I will call you once I get there since I will be travelling a bit in the Philippines.
How is the light there in July?
Do I need to have a ND filter? I only use an old GoPro 3+Silver, so no Protune mode and no manual feature also. So, just basic stuff just for personal hobby.

Cheers
Im waiting this coming december probably buy karma and yes bring nd filter 2.0 maybe and i will discuss u later about the rules and regulation here in the island but not so strict and i will take u some other good spot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig