First Flight!

Reaction score
Took my Solo for its first flight today over a park near my house. No gimbal attached only warp stabilizer in post production in premier. LOVE IT! Excited to take it to more appealing places to film with.

Used a Samsung Tab Pro 8.4" no issues.
Think the max range i went was a little over 250 feet away and 140 ft up

Some flight clips embedded from youtube.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Raybro
That's super smooth without the gimbal.. How fast were you flying it?
What settings were you using with the Gopro?

nicely done.

Ryan G

That's super smooth without the gimbal.. How fast were you flying it?
What settings were you using with the Gopro?

nicely done.

Ryan G
I had the control settings at the fastest and was giving it a good bit of juice, for sure not moving slow. The gopro was at 1080 at 60fps. The trick to smooth video with warp stabilizer in post is to avoid big movements in the single clip. If you notice each clip is started once the drone is already in motion and ends before the drone makes the move to slow down so the camera does not tilt up or down with the drone picking up speed. this allows the warp stabilizer to work WAY better.

Good tip.. Thanks. I will keep that in mind. I appreciate it. I am still new to this whole thing. :)

Thanks
Ryan G

p.s What are your settings for warp stabilizer if you don't mind me asking.

I am new to the drone thing but not so much to the video editing! Attached is a screen shot of my settings for the stabilizer. The less jerkey movements in the shot the less of your video you will lose due to auto cropping. Substance warp is also a good one to use.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-06 at 11.19.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-06 at 11.19.43 PM.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 20
Thanks again. I am new to the video editing AND the drone flying. :)

I appreciate it. I am going to try this tomorrow.

Ryan G

Note about warp stabilize

Instead of default warp thay produces this bubbly push pull effect, try reposition. Occasionally this works better and stabilizes in a totally different way.

This gimbal cant come soon enough though. Have a feeling it will only start to ship last week of July.

Instead of default warp thay produces this bubbly push pull effect, try reposition. Occasionally this works better and stabilizes in a totally different way.

This gimbal cant come soon enough though. Have a feeling it will only start to ship last week of July.
Can you elaborate on that a little more? Not sure I remember that effect.

Warp stabilize does not work for me as it just changes it to what looks like jello.

I doubt I will be getting any decent footage without that gimbal.. But I am still practicing. Thanks for the tips. Your hands must be much more steady than mine.

Ryan G

Can you elaborate on that a little more? Not sure I remember that effect.

Warp stabilize does not work for me as it just changes it to what looks like jello.

The standard method of warp stabilize is "Subspace Warp" which creates that bubbly dreamt effect that is worse than gopro distortion IMO.
In some cases it works. In others you just need frames to be repositioned and cropped (which it will do automatically)

Check out my video here. Obviously no gimbal:

Yeah.. I wish i would have gotten out earlier today to try this.

I will tomorrow

Thanks
Ryan G

The standard method of warp stabilize is "Subspace Warp" which creates that bubbly dreamt effect that is worse than gopro distortion IMO.
In some cases it works. In others you just need frames to be repositioned and cropped (which it will do automatically)

Check out my video here. Obviously no gimbal:

Thanks Kabz. So far everything I have tried in Premiere just looks like its pumping !

Took my Solo for its first flight today over a park near my house. No gimbal attached only warp stabilizer in post production in premier. LOVE IT! Excited to take it to more appealing places to film with.

Used a Samsung Tab Pro 8.4" no issues.
Think the max range i went was a little over 250 feet away and 140 ft up

Some flight clips embedded from youtube.

Nice video! ...you don't want to see mine....no gimbal, no stabilize

Most are probably like that. The experienced video or flying guys (more the video guys) can make stuff look better in post though it seems.

Ryan G

Is that Reposition in some other effect, or Position in the Warp Stabilize settings?

In Warp version 13.5 I see only:
Position
Position, Scale, Rotation
Perspective
Subspace Warp

Thanks for your inputs!

Is that Reposition in some other effect, or Position in the Warp Stabilize settings?

In Warp version 13.5 I see only:
Position
Position, Scale, Rotation
Perspective
Subspace Warp

Thanks for your inputs!

I meant choosing position repositions the clip. So yes you are seeing right.
Especially in a handheld shot for an interview for example, subspace warp makes no sense.
However it could work in your scenario. Depends on the shot and movement.

Hopefully this filter won't be needed when our precious gimbals arrive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig