Another First Flight Video

Reaction score
I received my Solo over the weekend. I got it home, charged it up, attached the GoPro and took off. My first flight. The link is just a short edited video of some of the clips from that first flight.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: cbs
Put the GoPro on "Medium" and you won't see the legs. Point it a little down, and you wont see the props :)

Thanks for the tips. I'm new to R/C flying. Any and all tips are welcome and appreciated.

I received my Solo over the weekend. I got it home, charged it up, attached the GoPro and took off. My first flight. The link is just a short edited video of some of the clips from that first flight.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Welcome to the neighborhood. Nice first flight. Don't know if I would have had the balls to take off right next to a swimming pool. RTH can be off a few feet.

Thanks for the tips. I'm new to R/C flying. Any and all tips are welcome and appreciated.
LOTS of good info here... A few naysayers.... Listen, but verify ;)

First peice of advice is get Tower and connect it (hint: Connection type: UDP). Don't do anything else to except change your RTH (Return to Home) height to something like 4500 CM (roughly 150 feet). There are tutorials here on the site (use the search function). This RTH height will be higher than most trees, houses, hills, etc. and if you lose connection your craft will return to home in at least that height. Stock is 49 feet, which can be a problem.

You can leave Tower on, and I suggest turning on all voice alerts. They help me a LOT, as I don't want to spend time looking for them, since in my case i need to worry about filming.

Second piece of advice is to change your A and B buttons to Manual and Stabilize, read up on them, and then practice flying with them, while being ready to quickly shift back to "FLY" by hitting the button on the controller. Those modes aren't hard, but you should practice them a bit. These are needed if you lose GPS or have other sensor problems. The Solo will flip into manual in these cases, and it is good to be ready.

Third piece of advice is to take it slow, with speed adjustments, flying around etc. It is easy to get cocky, as it is easy to fly "until" something goes wrong, but it is at that point you need to know what to do, and quickly. In the end it is a lot of things that can break, and it is flying. in some cases there is no gliding, or pulling over :)

Good luck!!

Reactions: cbs and rrmccabe
LOTS of good info here... A few naysayers.... Listen, but verify ;)

First peice of advice is get Tower and connect it (hint: Connection type: UDP). Don't do anything else to except change your RTH (Return to Home) height to something like 4500 CM (roughly 150 feet). There are tutorials here on the site (use the search function). This RTH height will be higher than most trees, houses, hills, etc. and if you lose connection your craft will return to home in at least that height. Stock is 49 feet, which can be a problem.

You can leave Tower on, and I suggest turning on all voice alerts. They help me a LOT, as I don't want to spend time looking for them, since in my case i need to worry about filming.

Second piece of advice is to change your A and B buttons to Manual and Stabilize, read up on them, and then practice flying with them, while being ready to quickly shift back to "FLY" by hitting the button on the controller. Those modes aren't hard, but you should practice them a bit. These are needed if you lose GPS or have other sensor problems. The Solo will flip into manual in these cases, and it is good to be ready.

Third piece of advice is to take it slow, with speed adjustments, flying around etc. It is easy to get cocky, as it is easy to fly "until" something goes wrong, but it is at that point you need to know what to do, and quickly. In the end it is a lot of things that can break, and it is flying. in some cases there is no gliding, or pulling over :)

Good luck!!

Wow! Thanks for all of this information. I'll look into it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44