Reaction score
Just wanted to thank all you Solo owners out there for taking the time to share your experiences; especially the admins and notable members. Both good and bad, every post is a lesson learned. I was hesitant to buy the Solo for all the obvious reasons; but this forum helped weed through the noise and I made the leap. After reading the manual (twice), practicing on $40 toy drones to learn to fly without GPS, and the Solo Simulator, I took my first flight today. Flawless!! Stable bird! GPS lock in under 30 seconds (no mods), flew her in Fly mode and also mapped Manual Fly to A Button, Stabilize to B; and flew and landed multiple times with no GPS assist in moderate winds. I know crashes are inevitable, but I fly with a lot of confidence now thanks to all of your input. Let's keep it up. I will commit to share my learning here as well as I grow as a pilot.

Would love to turn my joy of flying drones into a part-time business someday. Anyone actually making money with the Solo?

Cheers!

Yes there are folks using solo commercially, the trick is to know how to get quality video out of the gopro.
For what its worth, going with a good flat lens, shooting protune at the highest bitrate is a must.
Learn your post production skills.
I have successfully integrated solo video with DSLR video, a trained eye might be able to tell but most observers will not notice if your story is compelling.
Remember to mix aerial with ground work for best results

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea