First crashproof drone

Reaction score
No matter how it falls from the sky, it can go back to an upright position and continue to fly. It’s called XT Flyer

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It’s being tested at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What do you guys think?

They are cool ideas but not the 1st. I see these great for doing internal inspections of facilities-larger ones. There are a few out there Flyability and R4

If made to cushion impact and weighted to right itself or let the bird inside do so, you'd think this could be redesigned to use with a lot of the durable well made multis. Solo seems like a tank compared to others from the crashes we've seen, so you'd think it would be possible to use something like this down the line. Cool projects

I was checking out the crawler/ball flyable UAV at the Vegas commercial UAV expo last week. I was thinking the whole how cool it would be to have a clamp on gyro like exterior ball for the solo as I'm liking the quality of the 3dr build

upload_2015-10-10_15-4-55.png

If made to cushion impact and weighted to right itself or let the bird inside do so, you'd think this could be redesigned to use with a lot of the durable well made multis. Solo seems like a tank compared to others from the crashes we've seen, so you'd think it would be possible to use something like this down the line. Cool projects
Yes, on the video the drone seems like it's made on cheap plastic or a 3D printer, but the idea could work well for novices if the build quality is appropriate. Obviously it's a toy version that's on the video, so that might explain the seemingly lower quality

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc