Firmware 1.3.0 is out

My solo no longer charges by hero 4 black, just talked to support looks like a firmware problem hopefully it will be fixed soon

OK so I updated the firmware and my Solo does power on my 3+ Black but no fpv GPS lock is within 5 seconds inside my garage which is great. I will call support in the morning because I tried everything. The thing is it was working right after the update then I rebooted everything to confirm the fast GPS lock and that's when video went away

The red light is the charging light, it's not new-it's been coming on since the update that included the charging capabilities. It is NOT turning on your GoPro.

iOS app 1.3.0 is in the approval queue at Apple apparently, no news on the Android version.

Apple approval can take a few days though so don't get too excited :)

Reactions: Ian [P13]
This is the big firmware with GoPro control which will be seen once the iOS and Android updates are out.

Reactions: J R
I'm confused... I've already got 1.3. The Solo app itself, that is.
Or am I officially in la-la land? Go ahead and tell me if I am - won't hurt my feelins none!
image.png

There's an app version for the Solo itself and an app version for the Solo App on your device, so you have the Solo up to date but as yet the Solo App on your device isn't up to date, but will be soon.

That's a screenshot taken before I downloaded the update itself onto my phone - I downloaded it later at home.
I'd already done so on my Mini and updated Solo itself - I'm running 1.3..

The iOS update is still with Apple and the Android update usually lands a few days after that, so no one yet has the latest app.

That's a screenshot taken before I downloaded the update itself onto my phone - I downloaded it later at home.
I'd already done so on my Mini and updated Solo itself - I'm running 1.3..

Marich,

You are correct! Although it does not show up in the App Store if you open the Solo app it will tell you an update is available. Mine is updating to 1.3.0 right now.

Jerry

Marich,

You are correct! Although it does not show up in the App Store if you open the Solo app it will tell you an update is available. Mine is updating to 1.3.0 right now.

Jerry
Whew! Was starting to wonder about my noggin!

That's the Arducopter update, so that will update the Solo and Controller, you won't see the new GoPro functionality though until the iOS app update drops.

Here's what I've got for screenshots after update on my iPad and Nvidia Shield. Even though it said it was updating to 1.3.0 it did not appear to do so to the Solo App (IOS or Droid). Confusing update process.:confused:

Jerry

Android:
iPadMini Settings.jpg

IOS:
Android Settings.PNG

Last edited:
I hope they update the iOS app SOON! Ever since the app update last week, mine crashes 9 out of 10 times I start the app. The last few times I few, I just flew without the app at all because it wouldn't open. :(

Can't do the update if I can't even get the darn app to open!

Last edited:
Just upgraded to 1.30 on the Solo and Controller.
I enjoyed the LED sequence during the firmware upgrade ;)
There should be an option to trigger the "light show"

anyhow,

The first thing I noticed was that Solo acquired 11 Satellites right away! (inside)
Before I was lucky to find 4 in the same spot in my office.

Time to take her out and see how she flies!

very smooth update thus far.

Jerry - the update is a firmware update. From v1.2.2 to v1.3.0.

There will soon be a Solo APP update (1.2.2 -> 1.3.0) that will take advantage of the new features in the firmware update that we just received. That will be available via the Apple App store and via the Google Play store when it comes out. You will get a notice to update the app from the app/play store, NOT from within the actual Solo App. When the Solo App itself says there is an update available, it's for firmware, not the app itself. Firmware doesn't need apple/google approval like an actual app does.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks