Finally happened - Controller and apps won't connect to Solo anymore

Correct, no telemetry. I was doing the same, just messing around to see how it looked. I have been flying FPV a lot lately with small Tiny Whoop and Inductrix FPV Pro indoors, and using a Blade Torrent 110 for outdoors and been building one too. So just figured I would check out the Solo now that I had the goggles.

Looking into buying the DJI goggles too for the Mavic.

If you want telemetry and are using Apple try using lightning to HDMI adapter with your goggles. That works although after you try it you'll probably go back to LOS.

Reactions: Dugbones
Crisis avoided - after pulling the battery it actually connects now. Saw the red light inside the controller before I pulled the battery though, and that was concerning but it seems fine now again *shrug*

I've had to do this as well. Seems like the controller gets "confused" when power cycled over and over again at quick intervals...anyway, pulling the battery fixed it for me.

--
Bill

Yeah I kept trying to booth the googles first, as the FatShark manual states that clearly. I Will try a different cable as I was indeed trying to use the fatShark provided one. I do not have any other mini HDMI so will have to pick one up. Glad to hear its just that crappy cable. Just weird that plugging the cable in makes my controller go into a dead state.

I once got an image in my Fatshark goggles...ever since then, after MANY attempts with various power-on methods, and with several HDMI cables...no luck.

I can't believe ALL those cables are "bad" (plus they work with other electronics I have)...and after all, aren't all HDMI cables the same? I mean, are we saying some cables are actually wired differently? That can't be right.

--

Bill

I have Fatshark googles and the link Freebird32 posted was what I referenced and got a replacement cable, followed the start-up order listed, and have not had any issues. I tried the hdmi cable that came with them again, just because I don't really understand why it would be different, but it just is.
Replacement hdmi cable installed, and all works. Fatshark white cable from package, and a big bag of nope.

Try viewing this YouTube video. I had problems with my new Solo when I got it and it was a refurbished unit that looked brandnew but I couldn't get the
software to communicate to the controller and Solo until I did a factory reset.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi, EZL, Gary Burch and pyrate! Thanks for the tips.

My equipament isn't refurbished...I mean...I hope, so!....Everything was ok with the packaging and the equipament, analysing the external appearance...I
When I bought it the seller made no reference on refurbished equipment...

Well, actually I think I jumped the gun, trying to fix it myself ...

Knowing how difficult that would be, for me, trying to return the equipment, or to request the warranty, since the Brazil, and eager to try to solve the problem, I decided to follow some indications here from the Forum (assuming the risk, by myself, obviously).

I opened the control and went to check if the sd card was in place.
To do this just by taking a "seal" in the card ...

Well, the card didn't seem out of place. I repositioned the card and rewired the control again.

Also I removed the battery cable, I waited a while and reattached.

None of that worked.

Worse: now also can't do the "factory reset" of the control. I press the two buttons (on + fly) ... the control lights up and then comes direct the message: "waiting for solo"...

I've tried this procedure (showed on the video)...but the problem is that I can't pair the controler with the solo anymore....

And the "factory reset" of the solo don't work...the led don't flash....

Now I'm looking for a technical assistance here in Sao Paulo, reliable and able to fix the equipment ... but it's hard ...

I am quite frustrated ... I felt the taste of pleasure is to use the ground ... but I think I screwed up the appliance!

I was wondering if you followed the video exactly in it's sequence? The Solo should respond with the reset and you shouldn't need a cellphone or tablet
to reset both units. You might have introduced a problem in the controller? Just be sure you never have the battery in if working on any of the electronics
since that can take it out. You might have gotten a bad controller?

Having this same exact issue. Using FatShark goggles, power on goggles first, then controller, then Solo (I've tried every other combination, also). Never have seen anything but black from Solo controller, and controller refuses to connect to Solo once I've tried this (unless I unplug controller battery for about 10 seconds).

Red light (WiFi) light stays on, same exact everything. Looks like a new cable fixed it? I'm hoping that's it.

Having this same exact issue. Using FatShark goggles, power on goggles first, then controller, then Solo (I've tried every other combination, also). Never have seen anything but black from Solo controller, and controller refuses to connect to Solo once I've tried this (unless I unplug controller battery for about 10 seconds).

Red light (WiFi) light stays on, same exact everything. Looks like a new cable fixed it? I'm hoping that's it.

I tried a different setup the day before I had the Nexus 7 on then powered up the controller followed by the Solo.
The GitUp Git1 was then turned on. Result, no FPV video in the Nexus. I have to follow the following startup
sequence:
(1) Controller First (waiting for Solo)
(2) Solo (power up Solo)
(3) Nexus 7 (turned on and synced to Solo App)
(4) Git1 (powered up and video recording)

Note, I have always had a FPV video feed but if the camera is not set to record correctly there will be no video
saved to a file on the SD card and I've had that happen many times. :oops:

Nope! Big bowl full of nope.

I purchased three different cables, micro HDMI on one end, mini HDMI on the other end to go from my Solo controller to FatShark goggles. Same exact problem as when I used the FatShark cable.

Black screen, no 3DR logo, no video, no nothing but a black screen. That's all the Solo controller has ever put out, I've tried five different TVs, goggles and monitors.

On top of not putting out any video, if you connect an HDMI cable to the Solo controller, it will lose connection with the Solo and be unable to regain connection until you pull the battery from the controller for about 15 seconds.

So that's pretty stupid and annoying.

I've never been a huge fan of 3DR, and I was hesitant to buy this thing for exactly that reason. They seem to be ghosts when it comes to supporting anything. Of course now unless you're buying whatever their "commercial" product is, they don't give a crap. Ugh.

Sorry to vent, but this Solo was a total waste of money from the get go. I should have known better.

Oh, and maybe worthy of mention is that the "bind" button on the Solo doesn't seem to do anything. Short press, long press, whatever. Nothing. Totally unrelated but also annoying. Although no more annoying than the shaky video, range of like 75 feet, "maximum altitude reached" message when I'm first taking off or any of the other craptastic features I get with the Solo.

If anyone wants this POS, hit me up. I'm going back to my Phantoms and scratch built quads, you can have this POS. Oh, and it comes with a bunch of extra lightly used HDMI cables.

Hi guys ,there IS a deference in HDNI cables the new ones are called HD HDMI cables and they have a extra wire, inside my googles will only work with them. Just get the cable and use adapters Try cablecc.com

Reactions: Dugbones
Hi guys ,there IS a deference in HDNI cables the new ones are called HD HDMI cables and they have a extra wire, inside my googles will only work with them. Just get the cable and use adapters Try cablecc.com

Thanks Dave, looks like a real good assortment of adapters! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421