Finally getting to compare something to solo

Reaction score
I am testing a Yuneec 4K and it is charging right now so I can take it out and fly
Initial thoughts on the Yuneec

It is huge compared to solo but not as heavy
the case is super nice, but would not want to travel on a plane with it.
Compared to solo in the backpack solo is much more compact and easy to be mobile

The build quality seems less solid
and it is easy to see how the gimbal might out perform solos gimbal.
the camera is extremely light, almost cheap feeling. and it uses a yoke on the pitch access which should make it more stable.

The handheld unit for the gimbal is nice, but nothing that cannot be replicated with a FT handheld gimbal for gopro

The controller is interesting. Having the tablet integrated into the controller is different. Will not know how I feel about that until I fly it.
The only functionality on the smart or auto setting is follow or look at me. None of the smart shots that make solo famous.
Other wise you have return home, and tangent as flight options. Tangent has GPS enabled or off so basically fly and fly manual. The speed is on the controller in the form of a rolling wheel to go between rabbit and turtle.

also there is a roller type control for pitch of the camera, that seems more intuitive than the paddle on solo.

More after I have flown it.

Goals there are to see how it feels in the air compared to solo and the quality of the video.

If I was given the option to trade my solo for this at the moment it would be to stay with solo

Congrats on your new drone! I look forward to hearing more details.

Would you mind posting a video comparison of the two to show the difference in quality and stabilization?

Congrats on your new drone! I look forward to hearing more details.

Would you mind posting a video comparison of the two to show the difference in quality and stabilization?
I am testing a Yuneec 4K and it is charging right now so I can take it out and fly
Initial thoughts on the Yuneec

It is huge compared to solo but not as heavy
the case is super nice, but would not want to travel on a plane with it.
Compared to solo in the backpack solo is much more compact and easy to be mobile

The build quality seems less solid
and it is easy to see how the gimbal might out perform solos gimbal.
the camera is extremely light, almost cheap feeling. and it uses a yoke on the pitch access which should make it more stable.

The handheld unit for the gimbal is nice, but nothing that cannot be replicated with a FT handheld gimbal for gopro

The controller is interesting. Having the tablet integrated into the controller is different. Will not know how I feel about that until I fly it.
The only functionality on the smart or auto setting is follow or look at me. None of the smart shots that make solo famous.
Other wise you have return home, and tangent as flight options. Tangent has GPS enabled or off so basically fly and fly manual. The speed is on the controller in the form of a rolling wheel to go between rabbit and turtle.

also there is a roller type control for pitch of the camera, that seems more intuitive than the paddle on solo.

More after I have flown it.

Goals there are to see how it feels in the air compared to solo and the quality of the video.

If I was given the option to trade my solo for this at the moment it would be to stay with solo

I looked at this (and others) prior to purchasing my Solo. Definitely interested in your thoughts and first hand experience here!

no man it is a Q500 4K
not the new one.

I don't own it, just evaluating it for someone,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44