Fairhope Alabama on the Gulf

Reaction score
Last week we were able to visit Fairhope Alabama along the Gulf Coast. Nice town. Used the 3DR Solo with the GP 4 Black. Post processing done with Adobe Premiere and After Effects. This was my first attempt at some Camera Tracking via After Effects CS6. Here's a 35 second clip.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: alex covo
Last week we were able to visit Fairhope Alabama along the Gulf Coast. Nice town. Used the 3DR Solo with the GP 4 Black. Post processing done with Adobe Premiere and After Effects. This was my first attempt at some Camera Tracking via After Effects CS6. Here's a 35 second clip.

Nice job flying clear of folks on the beach. Did you consider correcting the fisheye effect?
Dave

Nice job flying clear of folks on the beach. Did you consider correcting the fisheye effect?
Dave
Ha, probably coulda woulda shoulda, but haven't. I was more concerned with learning the ins and outs of AE Camera Tracking this time. Thanks for the comment.

We should rendezvous next time I'm up in Biloxi...we can cover that beach nicely I should think. (I'm located in the Galveston - Houston area)
Also, check out some of my Solo beach shots...using a long range ITElite antenna on the controller...
Have a look at these lenses from Peau Productions: I'm having a Hero 4 Silver modded with the 5.4 lens. The stock GP lens was mode for 6-12 feet of distance from the subject, yet we are shooting objects and landscapes that are scores if not hundreds of feet away....so the stock fisheye cannot cut it. Check out the video compares they do on their site. You'll see what I'm talking about.

We should rendezvous next time I'm up in Biloxi...we can cover that beach nicely I should think. (I'm located in the Galveston - Houston area)
Also, check out some of my Solo beach shots...using a long range ITElite antenna on the controller...
Have a look at these lenses from Peau Productions: I'm having a Hero 4 Silver modded with the 5.4 lens. The stock GP lens was mode for 6-12 feet of distance from the subject, yet we are shooting objects and landscapes that are scores if not hundreds of feet away....so the stock fisheye cannot cut it. Check out the video compares they do on their site. You'll see what I'm talking about.
Nice. I like the lens and may have to look into it as well. What I'd REALLY like is an altered gimble to handle a Sony A7. I live in Hattiesburg, but please let me know when you're in Biloxi; I have to go there every so often.

Baldy-
I got a compact camera gimbal from "GoodLuckBuy" ... they have quite a range to choose from and many that are designed for the Sony series. Although my P&S camera is a Canon Elph 330hs running CHDK, I intend to hang it under my Iris+. I had thought to mod the Solo GP static mount, but I can see I am going to not have enough clearance for the 4 mounting screws let alone the issue of not having long legs under the Solo. There are guys making retracts for Solo...but they look a tad tacky right now...think I'll wait.

That looks great! It's nice to see someone playing around with AE and their drone footage. I've been doing the same lately. I was down in Spanish Fort and have visited that very same location in Fairhope. So it's totally cool flying there? No issues? Next time I go I would love to shoot there!

That looks great! It's nice to see someone playing around with AE and their drone footage. I've been doing the same lately. I was down in Spanish Fort and have visited that very same location in Fairhope. So it's totally cool flying there? No issues? Next time I go I would love to shoot there!
Alex, glad you liked the AE work. I'm still learning. I had absolutely no issues at all. I checked for local airports and it was clear. It was a little windy but the Solo handled that pretty well. There was only interest from the locals. In fact, as I was finishing up the flight, I was bringing it in for a landing and I sensed someone behind me. I made a smooth landing and shut it down. As I turned around it was a couple of elderly ladies out on a walk. They looked at me a smiled and said something like, "that's really neat, we just wanted to watch." I have yet to have any problems with anyone. I'm a middle aged bald guy. I guess that's finally to my favor. :)

Alex, glad you liked the AE work. I'm still learning. I had absolutely no issues at all. I checked for local airports and it was clear. It was a little windy but the Solo handled that pretty well. There was only interest from the locals. In fact, as I was finishing up the flight, I was bringing it in for a landing and I sensed someone behind me. I made a smooth landing and shut it down. As I turned around it was a couple of elderly ladies out on a walk. They looked at me a smiled and said something like, "that's really neat, we just wanted to watch." I have yet to have any problems with anyone. I'm a middle aged bald guy. I guess that's finally to my favor. :)

LOL. That's great to hear! Next time I'm down I'll definitely go check it out. I'm not bald though. I almost look like Brad Pitt, only much shorter, much fatter and without the good looks. With a new face and a new body, I would pass as his double ;)

LOL. That's great to hear! Next time I'm down I'll definitely go check it out. I'm not bald though. I almost look like Brad Pitt, only much shorter, much fatter and without the good looks. With a new face and a new body, I would pass as his double ;)
Ya, poor Brad. All he has is looks, talent, and money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela