Failed in pursuit of a screen Android

Reaction score
OK -- a laugh on me .......
So ... I run Solo and Solex apps. Was not happy with my device in sunlight. Went looking for a low priced high brightness one. Bright enough but would not load Solex App. Returned that one and got another with a later android os. Sweet on the brightness but the later android os won't run the Solo App. --------- DOH !!!!
Whatever ----- there is a story in all this somewhere. :)

Many-many moons ago someone linked to a side loadable android app from 3DR, maybe it was 3DR that offered it. It was within the first few months of Solo being released and when 3DR was still "laser focused" on the customer's experience. I ran it for a couple of years without issues, app and FW updated as normal. Check around to see if that is still available, if that is the story to be told...

Or the story is...what was, is now obsolete...by design. If Solex wasn't around, very few would be flying a Solo today...

Can't help you with the Solex problem, sorry. What tablets are you finding that are bright in sunlight?

Like mentioned above, I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. It does have a "outside" brightness setting. When used with adequate sun visor, I have no problem seeing the screen, even on th rare full sunny days here in central Pennsylvania.

I use a Galaxy S2 8.0" - snappy and has very good brightness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo