FAA Will Release Maps to Speed up Drone Authorization Applications

Reaction score
Things are moving forward, need to stay up date with these developments.
L.A.A.N.C. or Low Altitude Authorization Notification Capability

FAA Will Release Maps to Speed up Drone Authorization Applications

Additionally view from timeline 2:35 forward

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: speatuk and pyrate
This will be a good thing if you can get authorization in a day or two. This 90 day B.S. on the FAA website is flat out useless. I've gone directly to ATC with good results which is exactly what the FAA recommends against.

None of these maps has made anything faster it's now past 90days still no waivers.

None of these maps has made anything faster it's now past 90days still no waivers.
BTW, it's only been implemented for 49 days.
Not sure what your basing your conclusion on, but there have been over 50+ waivers granted since this was implemented. You'd need to review each of these to determine which fall within the new limited grid structure to know for sure.
https://www.faa.gov/uas/request_waiver/waivers_granted/

Last edited:
BTW, it's only been implemented for 49 days.
Not sure what your basing your conclusion on, but there have been over 50+ waivers granted since this was implemented. You'd need to review each of these to determine which fall within the new limited grid structure to know for sure.
https://www.faa.gov/uas/request_waiver/waivers_granted/

The FAA is a joke with this stuff and has always been how do I know ? From years of experience dealing with examiners and bs red tape. If so called pilots are to stupid to be able to read a sectional and know airspace and then need special maps they should have their part 107 taken away. Have you looked at these grided maps? I find it maddening that people pass the test can't figure out this stuff. Maybe the test needs to be tougher and also have an oral portion? I bet that would weed out a few. Furthermore most of those waivers are for flying at night.

Looks like the waiver and/or airspace authorization application process hasn't changed. It appears that if the Lat/Long your requesting falls within one of these new grids, then the 90 day time frame might be lessened. Hopefully an "App" is forthcoming to speed up the approval time.

Request a Waiver/Airspace Authorization – Small Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS)
Rember Lat long only applies for authorization not waivers. I wish they had an app but that B4 fly app they have is a total piece of garbage I don't think they could implement anything right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela