FAA UAS registration search

Reaction score
Okay so I’ve tried to search but what I’m looking to find is how to search a Registered Drone/AirCraft to verify and also make sure I can reregister it of my own info

I’m new to the SOLO game - and have a negative view on them as their availability but also have a large open mind to making it work and my skills to acquire or remanufacture my own bits for my needs based on the already acquired info
With that said - hope I don’t seem brutal minded to the community
I’m just REAL
a030a40813def1de52ea6d769962b97d.jpg

If you aren't registering for part 107 and just doing normal non commercial flying, the registration process is really registering YOU as the owner, not the drone. You could have dozens of solos or any drones but will receive only a single registration number for all of them. Part 107 requires registration for each drone like full scale aircraft.
The FAA has 2 excel files you can download, but they do not contain personal information. Registration date, model type, city state zip. No serial numbers. Does not require them. (part 107 might be different).
UAS Registration
FOIA Library

There are still parts out there for Solo. You can find complete refurbished birds relatively cheap. You might have to pay more for a gimbal but the rest are readily gotten. Batteries are still around $34 at B&H photo. Master Airscrew makes a nice set of props (quieter than stock). There is a section here on Open Solo mods too.

Reactions: CAMXPOSURE
If you aren't registering for part 107 and just doing normal non commercial flying, the registration process is really registering YOU as the owner, not the drone. You could have dozens of solos or any drones but will receive only a single registration number for all of them. Part 107 requires registration for each drone like full scale aircraft.
The FAA has 2 excel files you can download, but they do not contain personal information. Registration date, model type, city state zip. No serial numbers. Does not require them. (part 107 might be different).
UAS Registration
FOIA Library

There are still parts out there for Solo. You can find complete refurbished birds relatively cheap. You might have to pay more for a gimbal but the rest are readily gotten. Batteries are still around $34 at B&H photo. Master Airscrew makes a nice set of props (quieter than stock). There is a section here on Open Solo mods too.

Thanks FreeBird- however the search I was questioning was more about looking up the REG# someone may give out if they said registered- I don't want tied to stolen drones- or at least prefer not to if know ahead of time
I'm picking up the knowledge of becoming licensed but more in the case of trying to get in the know and then maybe go commercial- because why not make money- damn licensed and insured crap is always keeping me down!!! :(

Thanks FreeBird- however the search I was questioning was more about looking up the REG# someone may give out if they said registered- I don't want tied to stolen drones- or at least prefer not to if know ahead of time
I'm picking up the knowledge of becoming licensed but more in the case of trying to get in the know and then maybe go commercial- because why not make money- damn licensed and insured crap is always keeping me down!!! :(
You can find out that info from the FAA as long as you have the reg number you can call them and they will provide you with the info you seek...

You can find out that info from the FAA as long as you have the reg number you can call them and they will provide you with the info you seek...

skanht xevets - but is it not available to look up online... the number I got doesn't come up
FA3LHXHLYK???

Reactions: tushayjf
Need more facts to help. You bought a used drone? (from someone out of the back of truck or car in the middle the night? ha!) If it was stolen and still has registration number on it, FAA call might be able to give you registrant's name. Otherwise, peel and stick your own as XevetS stated. Fly it like you own it.

I got one on ebay as above- damn holiday is holding my patience- tracking number shows no movement- Rochester NY to FL so I'm giving excuse to weather and or timeliness
I was checking on a previous SOLO which the guy told me he only used it for one video- blah blah blah and gave me the number after saying it was REGged - no big deal really- but trying to keep an effort of legitimacy... until I find my toes being stepped on....

Thanks ALL

You're looking for information that does not exist. Hobby use aircraft do not get individually registered. Only you as the owner get registered, and that registration covers any and all of your aircraft. Asking someone for the registration number is moot, and looking it up isn't something the faa provides.

Just fly the thing.

Reactions: CAMXPOSURE
well He mentioned he flew it commercially- is why - so moot was critical, sorry I didn't supply that bit of info...
it was still $400 for drone wth gimbal 1 battery not worth the asking when i got the whole enchilada for under 200 just hope it's in flight condition all around

Have you received this yet? The reason I'm asking is I too had a problem with a drone I ordered from Banggood by the time it got to me in Northern Florida it was nothing but an empty box, shady stuff goes on at the Orlando USPS facility...Hopefully UPS doesn't have that problem

I got all 3 boxes from B&H ok. 2 of 3 were a couple days late. Box 3 was a week and a half late. The UPS Orlando facility was not prepared for Black Friday or pre holiday sales and was overwhelmed. They brought extra help in from all over the country to catch up. Jacksonville was next UPS problem area. Post office stuff was good, no late deliveries. The hand off from USPS to Lasership is a bit shady. They lost shipments of mine from Amazon 2 times. Amazon just gives me credit, no issues.

I got all 3 boxes from B&H ok. 2 of 3 were a couple days late. Box 3 was a week and a half late. The UPS Orlando facility was not prepared for Black Friday or pre holiday sales and was overwhelmed. They brought extra help in from all over the country to catch up. Jacksonville was next UPS problem area. Post office stuff was good, no late deliveries. The hand off from USPS to Lasership is a bit shady. They lost shipments of mine from Amazon 2 times. Amazon just gives me credit, no issues.
Yeah I hate Jacksonville USPS they have lost/stolen quite a few items..

I use to work at the Orlando Hub UPS 10 years ago- can't say that I don't recall them not having issues with theft - it goes on everywhere but I do feel better knowing my stuff goes through UPS than others- USPS damaged a laptop- disregarded a claim filed because there wasn't insurance on it- but said item was under their watch and in their hands/care - but now everything gets dismissed because they can and people allow for it
still waiting on my SOLO via FEDEX from Rochester NY - i'm giving them time because the holiday and snow- well.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl