FAA Registration Rule Now In Effect - New Rules Dropped today!

Since I was chastised for starting a new thread about this instead of searching through all the threads on this forum, I'll ask my question here;

According to the registration guidelines, we are to have the following...

1. A full description of the UA provided by the manufacturer, builder or applicant in a Notarized statement.
    sUA Required Description Items
    • Full Legal Name of UA Manufacturer or Builder
    • sUA Model Designation
    • sUA Serial Number
    • Class (Airplane, Airship, Rotorcraft, Gyroplane, Ducted Fan)
    • sUA Maximum Takeoff Weight
    • Category (Land, Sea, or Both)
    • Name of Engine Manufacturer
    • Engine Model Designation
    • Engine Serial-Numbers (if none shown, enter 'none')
    • Number of Engines
    • Engine Power Output (given in HP or Lbs. Thrust)
    • Engine Type (2 or 4 Cycle Reciprocating, Electric,
      Turbo - Fan/Prop/Shaft/Jet)
    The notarized statement must also state "To the best of the undersigned's knowledge the information provided above is correct, the described UA is not currently registered in another country, and the undersigned is the aircraft's rightful owner"

So will 3DR furnish a data sheet covering all this information on their products for this regulation or do we need to find all this out ourselves?
Registering a 3DR Solo for non-commercial use will NOT require submitting the above huge list of data. According to the UAS Registration FAQ:
The FAA said:
Q. What information will I be required to provide on the FAA UAS Registration website?

A. You must provide your complete name, physical address, mailing address, and an email address. The email address will be used as your login ID when you set up your account.

Q. Do I have to provide any information on my UAS?

A. Individual recreational users do not have to enter the make, model, and serial number.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Since I was chastised for starting a new thread about this instead of searching through all the threads on this forum, I'll ask my question here;
Mike, I apologize for initial marking your thread, that was my fault and I immediately corrected my actions. I realized your post was a question and not duplicating this thread. Your thread is still there.

I am staff on 3 of the 4 pilot.com forums and it was a crazy day yesterday with the news breaking about registration. We try to stop duplicate topics from littering the forum to help keep it organized. The notice you received was just that, a simple notice, you were not "chastised" in any way. It is common on internet forums to search out your question because someone else may have already answered it.

As far as your question, if you are only using it for hobby use you just need to register on the FAA website after December 21st. You will provide your name and both a physical address and an email address, anyone under 13 will need a parent or guardian to complete the registration for them. You will also need a credit card. The $5 fee will be refunded if you complete the registration by Jan. 20th. The list you posted is for UAV owners who want to get an exception & N number for commercial use.

My blood pressure goes ballistic every time I hear that statement lol.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Registering a 3DR Solo for non-commercial use will NOT require submitting the above huge list of data. According to the UAS Registration FAQ:

Thanks Joe but, what if one does want to use the Solo for commercial purposes, the web page for Solo Specs: Just the facts, doesn't seem to break it down to that level. Is there a convenient link that has all that data, in anybody's bookmarks? Please share. Thanks in advance.

BTW, I emailed 3DR Support about the same thing and they just pointed me to the Spec sheet. Oops. Apologies, they pointed me to the online user manual at https://3drobotics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/v8_11_20_15.pdf. Looks like it has the info but, curious about the notarization part the FAA is asking for. Hm.

Last edited:
Thanks Joe but, what if one does want to use the Solo for commercial purposes, the web page for Solo Specs: Just the facts, doesn't seem to break it down to that level. Is there a convenient link that has all that data, in anybody's bookmarks? Please share. Thanks in advance.

BTW, I emailed 3DR Support about the same thing and they just pointed me to the Spec sheet. Oops. Apologies, they pointed me to the online user manual at https://3drobotics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/v8_11_20_15.pdf. Looks like it has the info but, curious about the notarization part the FAA is asking for. Hm.
The recent registration has nothing to do with commercial operations and it clearly states that. Commercial information should be out by March.
Until then you must follow the current boondoggle of getting a 333 exemption and a pilots license.

The commercial registration does not include that list above. I registered my two drone with my 333 and all I needed was Make, Model, Bill of sale, serial #, my selected N# and $5 each

Reactions: Joe Horn
The recent registration has nothing to do with commercial operations and it clearly states that. Commercial information should be out by March.
Until then you must follow the current boondoggle of getting a 333 exemption and a pilots license.

I totally understand that the two are totally separate things. I was just asking more about how to obtain the low level technical details of the Solo. Such as who the manufacturer of the motor is, etc, etc. The user guide says what type of motor it is but, not who manufactured it. I thought to be clever and Googled "3DR Solo motor replacement", but even at the purchase page, I didn't see anywhere who the manufacturer is. Perhaps I'm being blind again. *sigh*

I totally understand that the two are totally separate things. I was just asking more about how to obtain the low level technical details of the Solo. Such as who the manufacturer of the motor is, etc, etc. The user guide says what type of motor it is but, not who manufactured it. I thought to be clever and Googled "3DR Solo motor replacement", but even at the purchase page, I didn't see anywhere who the manufacturer is. Perhaps I'm being blind again. *sigh*
Just use 3DR. I'm sure we'll be fine.

Reactions: Maddog
So from what I have read, this is all US regulations, in Canada they just still have safety tips: Flying a drone recreationally - Transport Canada
Come on up and fly here then ;)
Rob
No way, your regulations are very strict! :eek:
The US has very little restriction... yet.

For example...

Where Can I Not Fly My Drone in Canada?
  • Not within 9km of: forest fires, airports, heliports, aerodromes, or built-up areas.
  • Not within 30m of people, animals, buildings, structures, and vehicles which are not involved in the operation (for UAVS 2kg or less)
  • Not within 150m of people, animals, buildings, structures, and vehicles which are not involved in the operation (for UAVS 2.1kg or more)
  • Not over military bases, prisons, or in controlled or restricted airspace.
  • Not over crowds
  • Not over 90m high.
  • Not in special aviation events, air shows, or system demonstration.
  • Not on private property without permission.

3465870.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela