Error Msg. in Smart Shot

Reaction score
In the midst of Orbit, sometimes the tablet screen goes black with message "Unfortunately 3DR services is lost" or something like that. Solo still responds correctly to commands from the controller. Could this be a low GoPro battery? Or what?
TIA

It looks like there is a glitch with Android devices. I can't use MPCC anymore.

3dr Services is another app that runs on your Android device and it has to be updated separately. If you only updated the Solo app, make sure you update this as well.
This app controls the communications with the drone so it won't impact your controller's ability to control it.

Frank I think they are talking about the well known 3DR services crash that happens a lot on MPCC
even with approved devices like the Nexus 9
Started happening in 2.3

I have gone so far as resetting my tablet and doing a factory reset on solo.
It went away for about two batteries and came back.

I have a ticket in, but It is a known issue with 3DR at this point

I too have about a 40% failure rate getting Cable Cam to work. Many times when I get it all set up and hit B it freezes and dumps me into FM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael
what happens when you use mpcc?
The last 4 times I tried to use MPCC the GoPro keeps streaming video but I lose control of it, and then the Solo app doesn't let me get out of cable cam. I had to land and restart the devices each time.

The last 4 times I tried to use MPCC the GoPro keeps streaming video but I lose control of it, and then the Solo app doesn't let me get out of cable cam. I had to land and restart the devices each time.

Android i take it? what device are you running?

Yes, Nexus 7 (2013) with Hero4 Silver. All devices running the latest version of everything.
Do you have other programs on the Nexus 7 that may be running at the same time? I run the same tablet and have no issues with MPCC or other functions.

doing it on my nexus 9 and it was factory reset with only 3dr apps installed.
still there

3dr Services is another app that runs on your Android device and it has to be updated separately. If you only updated the Solo app, make sure you update this as well.
This app controls the communications with the drone so it won't impact your controller's ability to control it.
So I got out my Samsung table and opened 3DR Services. I don't see how to get updates. Can you tell me how?

Do you have other programs on the Nexus 7 that may be running at the same time? I run the same tablet and have no issues with MPCC or other functions.
I run AZ Screen Recorder in the background to record each flight.

luckily 3DR services only crashed once after landed
but yes sometimes on Adroid when you're finish setting up a cable it doesn't recognize it...i have to go into Fly mode and cable cam gets greyed out. Very frustrating given how precious flight time is.

So I got out my Samsung table and opened 3DR Services. I don't see how to get updates. Can you tell me how?
As PdxSteve noted above, you can access the available updates through the Play Store application. Here are more specific instructions:
Update downloaded apps - Google Play Help
(Although this link also has instructions to turn on automatic updates, I don't suggest you do that. Solo App, 3dr services and Solo itself all have to update as a bundle. You don't want to go fly and find out that Solo App updated overnight and now you have to update Solo as well.

I've been having this issue using my Samsung S6. I've found it occurs on the long range MPCC. I have a theory that when it get's at the edge of the range, you might set a point on the controller but the bird being at the end of range misses that point. then when you get back and push B, the program compares waypoints on bird and on controller and finds it's missing one, so it bombs out. I went back to the path I was having trouble with and flew it as I wanted, but only Pushed A where I could tell the signal was decent as displayed on app. worked fine.
If I'm right, there's likely something that can be done if the bird doesn't get the waypoint to avoid the wasted effort, at the minimum, I wish the controller wouldn't beep like everything is fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks