Drone Privacy Concerns

that lady needed to take her meds.
People are truly losing their minds.

We have a lot of educating to do, in the meantime I try and fly early in the morning late in the day on the beach

People really need to be better educated like pyrate mentioned. What a load of crap about privacy concerns, every single day people willingly take videos and pictures of themselves or others and post them on social media exposing themselves and others for all kinds of issues. Even if they don't there is always some one on their mobile devices doing so. The article is right on the money describing this issue, the silent creepy neighbor with the selfie stick is much more of a concern at 300 than noisy sUAV's at 100'-200'. I have seen lots of people with telescope cameras in high rise condos and I see no one making a big fuzz about it.:cool:

It also wouldn't hurt to go door to door and inform the immediate neighbors, just as a professional courtesy. But yeah, I wonder if these people are aware that google and other companies are flying (or licensing footage from) satellites overhead and putting the stuff online for the world to see and use in useful ways. And then there are spy satellites which can zoom in on objects the size of human hair. Maybe they should be using umbrellas when outside. Oh wait, there is technology to see through most materials, too. Hmm.

At least in the USA, AFAIK, as explained to me by an attorney regarding "public view" and privacy, is the only privacy you are supposedly actually guaranteed is the privacy in your own home. And if you leave your blinds open and someone can see you from the sidewalk, or from another public right of way, you give up your privacy there too and are legally able to be photographed without permission. But the key phrase is "from a public right of way", like a public sidewalk or your own property or property you have permission to be on. You can't trespass.

Reactions: erikgraham
I only fly directly in my back yard now if I need to do a quick test.
Flying over neighborhoods is going to cause problems, people have an Issue when it comes to "home" I get that. But a public beach is totally different

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150