Drone Crashed

My Solo dropped out of the sky when all 4 motors just stopped. 3DR customer service is the best by far. I just got confirmation on my RMA for full replacement including GoPro Hero 4 Black. Here's the kicker, I had bought my kit through eBay back in December. The seller provided me his original retail sales receipt and 3DR honored it. CS doesn't get any better than that.
Awesome man that's great so do you have to send your drone back as well

My Solo dropped out of the sky when all 4 motors just stopped. 3DR customer service is the best by far. I just got confirmation on my RMA for full replacement including GoPro Hero 4 Black. Here's the kicker, I had bought my kit through eBay back in December. The seller provided me his original retail sales receipt and 3DR honored it. CS doesn't get any better than that.

Very interesting to hear of your crash - similar to mine with all 4 motors shutting down. Seems very odd to have a spate of incidents like this. When I spoke to 3DR last week they mentioned that they were having to deal with an unusually high number of incidents just recently and it was impacting their response times.

My Solo flew out from Australia yesterday on its RMA journey around the world. Support has been good so far, so I'm optimistic that it will turn out ok. Hopefully we will find out the cause and rectification for the failures, but I understand that Solos under warranty are just swapped out so we won't necessarily get that info with the replacement.

Last edited:
Just got approved for remburstment for drone and gimbal.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Update just go notified from 3dr they said the motors burned out causing them to fail full replacement thanks guys for all your help.
Motor(s) burned out? That sounds rather catastrophic and seems to defy probability!?

Does anyone know once I get approved for an RMA how long does it take to get a replacement drone and or does 3dr fix the current drone I have and return it back to me.

Maybe one of you guys that had their Solos fall out of the sky can share their logs here. I'd like to know if this is a software or hardware issue. Has 3DR explained what happened?

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Does anyone know once I get approved for an RMA how long does it take to get a replacement drone and or does 3dr fix the current drone I have and return it back to me.

3DR explained to me that if it's a warranty repair for a fairly new Solo that has crashed then they will tend to swap the damaged one out with a replacement as soon as they receive the drone via the RMA process. Else we'd be waiting a much longer time while they assess the damage and attempt repairs to the damaged Solos.

Mine was sent out on Monday from Australia. The ETA from FedEx indicated that it should arrive at 3DR by Monday the 1st of Aug. Interesting tracking its journey so far ...Mon 25th Perth Australia, Tue 26th Singapore, Wed 27th Honolulu, Thu 28th Oakland California ...

Maybe one of you guys that had their Solos fall out of the sky can share their logs here. I'd like to know if this is a software or hardware issue. Has 3DR explained what happened?

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Indication from 3DR for mine was that there was a complete loss of power due to either a short circuit or electrical failure. They said that they couldn't be more specific until they received the drone to undertake a full inspection. Up until that time I didn't have a single problem with it.
I uploaded my dataflash log in my thread ...
All power lost mid flight

Send your RMA to 3DR first. Someone suggested offering a credit card hold for the replacement unit to be shipped while the RMA is in transit. Not sure if that's been able to work.
My RMA was picked up at my home by FedEx yesterday, should have replacement by this time next week.
BTW, the replacement is covered only to the extent of your original warranty.
I'll have warranty coverage though December on my replacement.

Reactions: Ezzard Finch
Send your RMA to 3DR first. Someone suggested offering a credit card hold for the replacement unit to be shipped while the RMA is in transit. Not sure if that's been able to work.
My RMA was picked up at my home by FedEx yesterday, should have replacement by this time next week.
BTW, the replacement is covered only to the extent of your original warranty.
I'll have warranty coverage though December on my replacement.
That's great I am waiting for my label to ship it back I got approved for it on Wednesday so Im sure ill be getting a email from them today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44