Drone Crashed

Reaction score
I just bought yesterday a 3DR solo and I was flying it and it was up about 60 or 70 feet and i pressed the return to home button and it got into position to land and it just dropped and crashed breaking it pretty badly lucky my GP didn't break. Does anyone know how long it will take for 3DR to respond back and possibly get a another one ??

I'm working with them now trying to get a full replacement. Email shuffle, sometimes days before the next response. At least they are trying to accommodate me.

I'm working with them now trying to get a full replacement. Email shuffle, sometimes days before the next response. At least they are trying to accommodate me.
Have you sent yours away yet and if so how long until you got to that stage.

Did yours crash ?? I don't think mine will turn back on to get the log data

Yes. Been flying perfectly since January. Last week I updated firmware to 2.4, waiting on Android update, decided to take a quick flight. Launched Solo straight up to ~200 feet, established a hover, 10 seconds later all 4 motors just stopped. Total loss including GoPro hero 4 black.

Yes. Been flying perfectly since January. Last week I updated firmware to 2.4, waiting on Android update, decided to take a quick flight. Launched Solo straight up to ~200 feet, established a hover, 10 seconds later all 4 motors just stopped. Total loss including GoPro hero 4 black.
Damn yeah that's how mine was but mine did it when I pressed return home so I'm not the only one.

Pretty sure its a glitch. I did all the calibrations after the update. The only other thing different was a brand new battery I bought during the BOGO special a couple of weeks back. That was also destroyed.

Haveto verify purchases. They were able to determine it wasn't pilots error from the logs. My guess is that CS must be overwhelmed by now.

If the logs show it a Solo error, offer to put up a CC hold for the replacement until the returned Solo is received and verified. You'll have a new Solo by Friday if state side. As PdxSteve said use the chat after submitting a ticket with your log files. They will need the log files so search this site on how to download them and send them off. It will save you a couple of days going back and forth.

Ah man, sorry to hear!

These failures are freaking me out. I've flown my iris+ for 2 years without major issues and zero failures . I'm getting nervous, my Solo arrives in a couple weeks, I may just stare at it instead of flying;)

Reactions: prowler9
Ah man, sorry to hear!

These failures are freaking me out. I've flown my iris+ for 2 years without major issues and zero failures . I'm getting nervous, my Solo arrives in a couple weeks, I may just stare at it instead of flying;)
There more in life to freak out about. Name another flying machine that has as good of a warranty as 3dr? Maybe I'll buy one of those too. Fly the crap out of your Solo. If your one of the few that has a issue that causes a crash. Be thankful it's not a DJI.

If the logs show it a Solo error, offer to put up a CC hold for the replacement until the returned Solo is received and verified. You'll have a new Solo by Friday if state side. As PdxSteve said use the chat after submitting a ticket with your log files. They will need the log files so search this site on how to download them and send them off. It will save you a couple of days going back and forth.
What is considered pilot error ??

What is considered pilot error ??
? The pilot F'ed up and the Solo was working just fine. If it just dropped out of the sky on the autoland is sounding like the solo failed. However I forgot the sequence/button combination to kill the bird. This would be pilot error - 3dr still might work with you being a new pilot/bird.

Took about 7 days including investigation and shipping to get my replacement in Florida. No questions asked they were excellent.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Burkeam
My Solo dropped out of the sky when all 4 motors just stopped. 3DR customer service is the best by far. I just got confirmation on my RMA for full replacement including GoPro Hero 4 Black. Here's the kicker, I had bought my kit through eBay back in December. The seller provided me his original retail sales receipt and 3DR honored it. CS doesn't get any better than that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000