Don't Give Up On Solo Just Yet - Introducing Spektre

Because the solo platform is so modular is the main reason I took a chance and bought 2 of these this week. Its my first real quad and I certainly hope your right! My concern is parts will become scarce and when something breaks we're done. Hopefully someone buys the molds and continues to supply the hardware. BTW I absolutely love how this this thing flies

I bought three and plan to pick up a couple more over the holidays and near the end of BB's sales. With open architecture it's easily modifiable and there are more hobbyist jumping on board everyday, and with that will be more and more modified solo's out there. Looking forward to the evolution's that will likely happen in many ways.

Reactions: enem178
Building larger frames and using the Solo components is not an issue, especially if you stay in a quad configuration. We have built a large quad from a Solo and using 21x7 props and highly efficient U8 series T-motors using 12s for power. It will easily handle large payloads/cameras and we built a gimbal for the GH4 & Sony a6300 cameras. We have full control of the tilt. However, the issue with these builds is Solo controlling the gimbal during smart shots. As 3DR has not released the code for controlling the gimbal, and we have not found anyone yet that has cracked it. So that leaves you either using the Solo gimbal or configuring for 2 pilot operation until it's cracked.

Here is an early test flight from what I am calling 'SoloGrande'. We are estimating 35-40 minute flight times with the cameras mentioned above. Arms fold down for transporting.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hard to give up the gimbal control that sets Solo apart from the rest of the field.

What is the advantage of using the Solo guts rather than the PH2?

Hard to give up the gimbal control that sets Solo apart from the rest of the field.

What is the advantage of using the Solo guts rather than the PH2?
The biggie is the gimbal control. But also of importance is the integrated video transmission system.

I bought three and plan to pick up a couple more over the holidays and near the end of BB's sales. With open architecture it's easily modifiable and there are more hobbyist jumping on board everyday, and with that will be more and more modified solo's out there. Looking forward to the evolution's that will likely happen in many ways.

So what your telling me is pick up a couple more!!!! LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso