Doesn't record video to GoPro

I have the same problem with Hero4 Black and the Gimbal. I have the latest firmware of the controller and the Solo, but I haven't checked the camera. I hope that might work. :-(

I have the same problem with Hero4 Black and the Gimbal. I have the latest firmware of the controller and the Solo, but I haven't checked the camera. I hope that might work. :-(
Problem solved. :) After installing the latest firmware for the GoPro Hero 4 Black, it works fine. I did this using the Quik-software from GoPro. Before this, I had installed the newest firmware for the controller, and for the drone. But that wasn't enough.
After the connection is fine, I can also edit the settings for the camera (FPS etc) from the app on my iPhone.
It now records to the meory card in 4K resolution on my demand, and not through a drilled hole in my Gimbal. :) It was frustrating before it worked, and I was pretty close to drilling the hole... :)
Thank you for all your posts and help.
Best regards,
Steinar

I've had this happen before on GoPro 4 Black with firmware v3.00. It seems to be a communication issue between the 3DR Solo gimbal and the GoPro. This morning I shot some footage, reviewed it on my iPhone but when I returned home to get the GoPro footage there wasn't any on the SD card. I believe my mistake was not rebooting the 3DR Solo when it failed to power on the GoPro properly. I manually powered on the GoPro, saw the video streaming to my iPhone and thought all was well. The red record button even indicated I was recording! I'm going to upgrade to the new v5.00 firmware but I still think it's a boot sequence and timing issue.

Reactions: Coastwise
I have down loaded and sync my GoPro4. I had the 3+ silver and was told it is not compatible with my Solo! The 4 Silver is still doing the same thing. I cannot control the video from my controller??

Reactions: Coastwise
I have down loaded and sync my GoPro4. I had the 3+ silver and was told it is not compatible with my Solo! The 4 Silver is still doing the same thing. I cannot control the video from my controller??
It should work with the 4 Silver at least. Once the Solo is powered up and running, observe the GoPro - is it on? If not manually turn it on with the GoPro power button. You should see a red record button (not grey) on the Solo App. Android or iPhone? Lastest Solo firmware on App and Solo too?

So, it sounds like that with my Hero 3+ the solution is to do the "drill the hole for manual activation of the record button" thing?
OK, changed a setting on my GoPro hero 3 plus silver and now i do not have to start the recording before mounting in the gimbal. There is a setting on the camera that allows it to start recording on power up. I can mount the camera without powering it up. When i start my solo software it turns the gopro camera on... and starts the recording then, just before takeoff. i can live with that until i can get a deal on a hero 4.

Matthew,
What GoPro model do you have?
Start and stop record doesn't work with all models. I have a Hero 3 black and even though GoPro control is not supported my iPhone appears as though it does. The record button records the live stream but doesn't operate the GoPro. It was misleading until I figured it out and spoke with 3DR and GoPro. With my Samsung Tab 4 it makes it clear there isn't control of GoPro and won't even record the live stream.
I could be wrong but it appears that Hero 4 is the only one that supports some control at this point. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I didn't like pushing record before installing into the gimbal. Not only did I not like having to take it in and out so often but I didn't like manhandling it while turned on and if I waited to turn Solo on until after pushing record and installing I would have a lot of useless recording time.

My solution for now was to drill a tiny hole the size of a paper clip just over the center of the record button. I just start and stop record just before take off and after landing but using a paper clip. It seems to work great and you can't even tell I made that mod unless you knew about it.

I hope this helps.

This is the problem I’m having; Hero 3 White has no record control on the app.

It does work well with the app and gimbal; the video is less than its potential recording through the app.

Seems like something that should be fixable through firmware because it’s not a hardware issue.

Before I recently purchased my first gopro and Solo, I read that Hero 3 worked; but there was no exception posted about app recording only.

Which model is recommended to work best with the gimbal?

Thanks!

WORKAROUND

With the new iOS update you can now screen capture with iOS.

Start screen record>open 3DR app>FLY SOLO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela