Do I need to install Mission Planner firmware?

No. Connect to the Solo Wifi network and change connection type to UDP in MP. Should connect just fine. Careful though, it is a sharp knife :)
I know this an old thread but:
I downloaded MP to my desktop PC to tinker with it. I connected to Solo wireless, changed connection type to UDP in MP and hit "connect" after a while I got an error message that said "the socket/serial proxy is closed".

I have no idea what that means (Google got me nowhere) or what to do about it.

Can anybody help me out?:)

I know this an old thread but:
I downloaded MP to my desktop PC to tinker with it. I connected to Solo wireless, changed connection type to UDP in MP and hit "connect" after a while I got an error message that said "the socket/serial proxy is closed".

I have no idea what that means (Google got me nowhere) or what to do about it.

Can anybody help me out?:)
PC connected to Sololink network?

Yes sir.. I'm baffled. Do I need to do anything other than download MP and connect to Solo wifi?

Yes sir.. I'm baffled. Do I need to do anything other than download MP and connect to Solo wifi?
No not really. Once I changed mine to UDP, it connected. It takes a minute, but I left everything else default.

No not really. Once I changed mine to UDP, it connected. It takes a minute, but I left everything else default.
Firewall maybe?. Try turning it off entirely as a test (since you will ne connecting to a private network). If that works, open up the ports for MP

Firewall maybe?. Try turning it off entirely as a test (since you will ne connecting to a private network). If that works, open up the ports for MP
Made no difference. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the network adaptor.

The link gives me an error. I wouldn't think it is the adapter. It is after all just IP. It uses Mavlink, but that is encapsilated.

Back to basics. Can you ping the Solo from the MP PC?
I'm not that computer literate- can you explain how to do that?

After starting MP, do I need to go into "initial setup", "config/tuning" or "terminal" and set anything up before trying to connect?

Success! Had to go into firewall advanced rules and enable all instances of MP.
Thanks Earl- you pointed me in that direction!

After starting MP, do I need to go into "initial setup", "config/tuning" or "terminal" and set anything up before trying to connect?
No. The only thing I changed is the connection type. To UPD. Hit the connect icon (upper right) and it went through a connect sequence and starts updating parameters. It asked (as soemone else mentioned) if i wanted to update to the latest Arducopeter, and I said no (I figured the Solo app would do that if it wanted to).

Do you have another PC?

No. The only thing I changed is the connection type. To UPD. Hit the connect icon (upper right) and it went through a connect sequence and starts updating parameters. It asked (as soemone else mentioned) if i wanted to update to the latest Arducopeter, and I said no (I figured the Solo app would do that if it wanted to).

Do you have another PC?
AWESOME!!!. Glad you got there!!

Now go to initial setup, and test your motors :) It's cool. Make sure to turn them up to about 30%

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44