DJI almost have smart shots - Free skies CoPilot

Reaction score
Freeskies CoPilot is an app that can potentially be the smart shots version for DJI.
You are now able to make key frames using the copilot app and autonomously fly your drone.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Tamj
Freeskies CoPilot is an app that can potentially be the smart shots version for DJI.
You are now able to make key frames using the copilot app and autonomously fly your drone.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Wrong forum my friend

Not only that but my testing shows the SDK apps cannot get the cinematic moves Solo can with the gimbal-vehicle coordination. I believe it has to do with the multiple processors 3DR incorporates.

Reactions: Solo Keith
yeah this has been covered a million times. software implementations of smart shots are no match for the onboard computer controller shots

There are ways to use Litchi to create keyframes. I've tried it....it's OK...didn't seem as smooth or intuitive as the Solo, but it needs more testing.

I imagine a person could get some good shots with Litchi, but Solo makes it SO easy/smooth.

Check page 12, "Cookbook"

Litchi P3 1_10_16.pdf

Last edited:
Criticism aside, this is a neat app. It's very similar to Horus.

I would love to have this for my solo as an app.

Tamj,

Yes, as great as CC is, for cinematic shots we don't have a good solution for autonomous filming. Tower and MP do not come close to Litchi or Autopilot for the DJI birds.

Greg,

I stand by using the best tool for the job.

However, I'm going to keep an open mind. What does Litchi or Autopilot have that Tower does not currently accomplish? The only thing I noticed is tracking which is already implemented in Solex.

Criticism aside, this is a neat app. It's very similar to Horus. I would love to have this for my solo as an app.
Criticism aside, this is a neat app. It's very similar to Horus. I would love to have this for my solo as an app.

That is exactly what I thought, just couldn't remember the name of the app.

This would be nice for wide shots where the Solo is some distance from the subject, and where if you are off by a few degrees it really doesn't matter much.

I don't think this would work for projects where the Solo would be under 50-75'. I am not sure the preprogrammed camera angles would be accurate enough. Nor would I trust the positioning of the Solo.

Another drawback I can see is that it looks like it relies on having a 3D image in Google Earth, not all areas have this.

Will it replace MPCC? Not a chance. Is it a good complement? I think so. Lets see if Kelly can get this in Solex!!

Greg,

I stand by using the best tool for the job.

However, I'm going to keep an open mind. What does Litchi or Autopilot have that Tower does not currently accomplish? The only thing I noticed is tracking which is already implemented in Solex.

Most of the research I did was 9 months ago or more and both programs continue to evolve. They are both sort of a hybrid of CC and Tower/MP. You can either fly fly yourself or do waypoint missions.

When you fly yourself you have a several flight modes Course Lock (Zipline) and Home Lock -back and forth from home point with free view and many others including Orbit, Panoramas etc. The best place to look at the features is the tutorials on Youtube.

With Waypoint missions you can fly them in advance and save them and edit them or plan them in advance.

There is so much more; that a post here cannot begin to show how powerful they are compared to Tower or MP.

The killer and why I chose a Solo over any DJI bird running either program is that their waypoint missions still cannot provide the cinematic gimbal pitch and yaw transitions of MPCC. They are close and way better better than the transitions in Tower or MP. There are some good videos that show what they can do plus many that show the operator does not know how to get the best out of them (just like some Solo owners don't either.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44