Did latest update now get "Magnetic interference" all the time :(

Reaction score
Website
buymultirotors.com
Hey all,

Ok I've had Solo for a month now and have 10 (flawless) flights under my belt with it...BUT I installed the latest update from 3DR yesterday 08-21-15, also updated Tower to latest version AND installed the latest "BETA" 3DR Services app that Jubalr is emailing out and so after all the updates, I cannot get teh controller to stop going into "Magnetic Interference" mode and never coming out of it.

I took Solo out to the same wide open field I used to originally do my compass calibrations when I 1st got Solo, performed "new calibrations several times to NO avail.

Anyone hear of this happening to them after the latest updates?

My Solo was flawless before the updates, now grounded.

Thanks in advance.
Lo

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
Hey all,

Ok I've had Solo for a month now and have 10 (flawless) flights under my belt with it...BUT I installed the latest update from 3DR yesterday 08-21-15, also updated Tower to latest version AND installed the latest "BETA" 3DR Services app that Jubalr is emailing out and so after all the updates, I cannot get teh controller to stop going into "Magnetic Interference" mode and never coming out of it.

I took Solo out to the same wide open field I used to originally do my compass calibrations when I 1st got Solo, performed "new calibrations several times to NO avail.

Anyone hear of this happening to them after the latest updates?

My Solo was flawless before the updates, now grounded.

Thanks in advance.
Lo
Have you tried it in a couple deferent area ..

Not yet,

But I/we shouldn't have too when I'm in a huge open field with no visible metallic objects around. You know what I mean?

The ship should not be that sensitive. I've been hand building quads and hexas with DJI flight controllers and GPS and flying anywhere and everywhere for 4 solid years now with never ever any kind of magnetic issues, ever.

So this just simply should not be happening on something this "advanced" etc.

Yes, "recalibrate" compass. I needed to do that once, when a lot of magnetic interference was hoping up. But if it's just occasionally, then its cement or metal interference.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Did that several times but will try a few more times. May have to send logs to 3DR
Found this:

solo-1.1.31
jschall released this 22 hours ago · 0 commits to master since this release

diff from solo-1.1.30:

• prevents bad initial magnetic field states from causing persistent "GPS not available"
  • prevents barometer noise from causing "calibrating sensors" in turbulent wind
  • automatically disarms after 5 seconds of inactivity on the ground

So, the latest update "prevents bad initial magnetic field states from causing persistent "GPS not available"

Your problem is most likely to be real physical interference. try other locations. No building near by, Ground, not cement or any other metal near by.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M