Did 3DR change Props

Reaction score
Website
www.vultureequipmentworks.com
I just received my replacement props I ordered on Amazon (that were marked as sold by 3DR) and they don't look the same.
Here is whats wonky
- they are a bit shorter
- they are a bit smoother
- they have a nipple on the top nut (like an airplane nose cone)
- they are also backwards meaning that the treads dont match with pitch.

I think I was had...

That's not for the solo , it's for the 3DR iris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Projeffrey11
Yep, if they weren't $14.95 they are the Iris props.

I just received my replacement props I ordered on Amazon (that were marked as sold by 3DR) and they don't look the same.
Here is whats wonky
- they are a bit shorter
- they are a bit smoother
- they have a nipple on the top nut (like an airplane nose cone)
- they are also backwards meaning that the treads dont match with pitch.

I think I was had...

Can you post a pic of them?

Did you pay $8.95 for them? I found a pair for that marked for Iris.
There is also a company called SSE selling Solo props but- they are selling 4 silver tops claiming they are CW & CCW. sounds fishy to me.:mad:

I wanna know if 3DR is ever gonna come out with the Carbon Fiber Props like DJI did for phantom? How bad as and lightweight and sturdy would that be!

Ahhhh I see that what your talking about the IRIS blades. My bad looks like. I ordered a pair right from 3DR last night so lets see if they ship this month! LOL

I also started to balance my props last night and found only 2 out of the 4 to be out of balance past lets say 15%. The IRIS blades that I received were damn perfect out of the box! Really strange, I thought I was doing something wrong but I wasn't (my wife kept telling me that I probably don't know what I'm doing and I will screw it up) Hahahahaaha

Thanks for the help Guys!

Reactions: Raybro
The 3DR props are pretty tough compared to the Phantom blades. The Phantom blades tend to chip easily. I got my Solo a little close to the trees a few months ago and it was chopping away at the small branches. No chips or breaks, a little scuffed was all.
My only problem is my cat likes to chew on them......puts little teeth dent marks up and down the blade, and chips in the Phantom blades.

I bombed mine into a large pine tree while in CO and only broke a single side of 1 prop. It caused a ton of jello on screen but was able to fly fine in 20mph winds.

I lost track of the little guy as I flew past the sun in a sweep. I startedto run to catch up to get a visual but as I was on vacation I lost a bunch of weight and my pants droped around my legs and I had to stop and that's when I lost visual.

All in all I was pretty lucky and didn't crash or land in the river I was filming!

Reactions: Raybro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig