Destructive entry, how not to open a solo battery...

So, are you guys taking these apart for the electronics or to try to replace the lipo cells? Has anybody even found a suitable replacement cell?

I did not catch such intentions here, but finding suitable cells(pack) for replacement is not a problem. I have ordered as small productions as 30packs for professional use (for custom size , form, and connection layout) and it's not a problem finding decent manufacturers that can form a battery to specs in small batches.
Another issue would be to reset smart battery stats and make expected capacity reset (not only go slowly up) after such change, not to mention to time hack apart, and glue togehter the shell.

I did not catch such intentions here, but finding suitable cells(pack) for replacement is not a problem. I have ordered as small productions as 30packs for professional use (for custom size , form, and connection layout) and it's not a problem finding decent manufacturers that can form a battery to specs in small batches.
Another issue would be to reset smart battery stats and make expected capacity reset (not only go slowly up) after such change, not to mention to time hack apart, and glue togehter the shell.
So, would it be possible to replace the cells and put those along with the electronics into a new 3D printed shell?

I know I read a thread about replacing the cells but can't find it. The author cut the battery open andbought off-the-shelf cells from a Canadian business. He wired the new cells in and had a "new" Solo battery.

Good to know.

I found you can saw the battery housing about 6mm up from the edge and it will clear the seam and still maintain the lower half's mechanical strength. You have about 2mm of clear depth as well for that cut line. When referring to saw, not an abrasive saw, but an actual toothed saw blade. Dremel makes the blades. The cut is fairly clean, so the repair would be easier to mend.

I haven't got around to it yet (still have plenty of batteries), but I think a major portion of the top housing could be removed and still maintain the battery catch's integrity.....

i try replace with lippo flight max and wired
why in solo app showing 90% batt indicator also in led batt

but when i try turn on the drone beeping low alrm batt always on and cannot take off and fly

Theoretically, could the +/- connections that are soldered to the protection circuitry board, be detached/cut/unsoldered etc.. Then you add, say, a t-connector or bullet connectors to the +/-; detach the 6-pin from the board, ultimately then being able to use as a "normal" 6cell lipo?

Forgive my first time post nieviete, I've tried to read as many boards as I can before posting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl