Delayed Solo Release

Sorry but Yes :)

I just called 3DR. EVERYONE is getting a free battery. Sounds like they are going to do a cutoff some time in July.

Now that is some good news, even though i ordered one with my original order it never hurts to have another one for FREEEEEEE :)

re delay.
I got an email stating the iOS app will not be released until possibly next week. This could have stalled their roll out since without the app you wouldn't be able to use a number of the features they promote as "outta the box"

Just throwing it out there.

re delay.
I got an email stating the iOS app will not be released until possibly next week. This could have stalled their roll out since without the app you wouldn't be able to use a number of the features they promote as "outta the box"

Just throwing it out there.

Is 3DR going to blame Apple like DJI did when people had the P3 in hand but the App was not released? LOL

Is 3DR going to blame Apple like DJI did when people had the P3 in hand but the App was not released? LOL

As someone who develops apps I can tell you that submitting an app for approval to the App Store can be a lengthy and frustrating process. Even if your app meets 100% of Apples design and layout specs it can still take weeks for them to approve the app. If they found something day don't like in the code or the layout you make the fixes and then start the submission and wait process once again. So something as simple as resizing a button or menu may mean it takes 4 weeks for the app to be approved.

Google Play, on the other hand is a breeze to get an app published. Once you submit an app it goes through the automated check process and will be live within a few hours if there are no issues. Apple appears to employ people to physically test the app along with the automated checks.

As someone who develops apps I can tell you that submitting an app for approval to the App Store can be a lengthy and frustrating process. Even if your app meets 100% of Apples design and layout specs it can still take weeks for them to approve the app. If they found something day don't like in the code or the layout you make the fixes and then start the submission and wait process once again. So something as simple as resizing a button or menu may mean it takes 4 weeks for the app to be approved.

Google Play, on the other hand is a breeze to get an app published. Once you submit an app it goes through the automated check process and will be live within a few hours if there are no issues. Apple appears to employ people to physically test the app along with the automated checks.

Which is part of the reason why apps on the iPhone look and run a lot smoother than those on Android. I would prefer that Apple tested things prior to them hitting the app store rather than me being the beta tester when I'm expecting something to work flawlessly once I download it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
Seems to be more information regarding app. Not saying below is right just saying there is some discrepancy in what they are saying. The Thursday they are talking about is tomorrow.
3dr.jpg 3dr.jpg

Reactions: TheeRod
What I have no respect for is not sharing the delay. From the moment the unit is complete it needs to be boxed, shipped from China, received in US warehouse, reshipped to customers. That does not happen over night. If it ends up being delayed then 3DR knew this in advance.

Regardless of what the 3DR nut huggers say I still believe they rushed it to market because of the P3 shipping.

As I mentioned above this is my first 3DR experience.....
I just bought a Solo from Fry's 2 days ago. I don't think they were supposed to sell it to me because they are "unavailable" now. It's a very solid product. My wife love's to fly it (she is a beginner). It's a little slow for my tastes but I don't really care about AP. I like to fly very fast. I will have to upgrade the motors. It is a very solid product thus far.

Reactions: Raybro
I just bought a Solo from Fry's 2 days ago. I don't think they were supposed to sell it to me because they are "unavailable" now. It's a very solid product. My wife love's to fly it (she is a beginner). It's a little slow for my tastes but I don't really care about AP. I like to fly very fast. I will have to upgrade the motors. It is a very solid product thus far.

Well I don't think you need a motor update. I think you just need to switch modes. I doubt a motor swap on one of these would be very easy anyway along with the ESC.

Fly it in Acro with speed set to high.....:D
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have you tweaked the settings? Initially out of the box it's really slow but you can change the speed settings within the app.

Go to the settings in your app and change the speed. It is fast when you do.

Fly it in Acro with speed set to high.....:D
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
i am going to stay out of the acro mode.
to dangerious for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela