Delayed Solo Release

I used my MC debit with my pre-order direct through 3DR. That was on May 4th. They still have not hit my card. When I spoke to customer service on May 19th, I was told they would not hit my card until the Solo shipped. It was during that same conversation that I was told about the delay.Nothing was mentioned about shipping the aircraft before the gimbal or any free battery if I waited for the entire package that I ordered, Solo, gimbal, and extra battery

I used my bank debit card. The money has been taken out. So it is in fact spent.
i ordered mine from B H camera on aptil 20.solo and gimbal
my credit card has not been hit for this yet.

I pre-ordered the Solo from BestBuy with an original delivery date of June 1. I ordered the Gimbal and a spare battery directly from 3dr. A hold was put on my MasterCard for the total but it hasn't been charged yet.

I received an email from BestBuy yesterday (May 26) saying that the release date for the Solo has been changed from May 31 (my original ship date) to June 7 and that I would receive it on Monday, June 8.

The Gimbal order directlry from 3dr still shows "Backordered".

BestBuy Order.JPG solo release.JPG

Last edited:
I pre-ordered the Solo from BestBuy with an original delivery date of June 1. I ordered the Gimbal and a spare battery directly from 3dr. A hold was put on my MasterCard for the total but it hasn't been charged yet.

I received an email from BestBuy yesterday (May 26) saying that the release date for the Solo has been changed from May 31 (my original ship date) to June 7 and that I would receive it on Monday, June 8.

The Gimbal order directlry from 3dr still shows "Backordered".

View attachment 13 View attachment 14
i wonder how many more times this Date will be pushed ahead?

Your lucky, pre order guys like myself at DSLR Pro's got nailed with the full amount right off the bat

What a bummer, just talked to DSLR's Pro's. They are not expected to receive the Solo until late NEXT week and they have no idea how many they are getting. A month ago they said they would be receiving 500 in the first batch. Sounds like its going to trickle into them. Followed by extra batteries and cases. They are as frustrated as we are. Not a good way to launch a product

6-7-2015 at least matches the dates that Best-buy is having their bloggers post....so hopefully that is a hard release date.

Having released new products myself, I know how difficult it is to hit the due dates you set for yourself....hopefully it does not get pushed anymore.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
6-7-2015 at least matches the dates that Best-buy is having their bloggers post....so hopefully that is a hard release date.

Having released new products myself, I know how difficult it is to hit the due dates you set for yourself....hopefully it does not get pushed anymore.

I get it, just annoying as hell. I should have kept my P2 until I had the Solo in hand. The summer is going to be more than half over by the time I get everything LOL

What a bummer, just talked to DSLR's Pro's. They are not expected to receive the Solo until late NEXT week and they have no idea how many they are getting. A month ago they said they would be receiving 500 in the first batch. Sounds like its going to trickle into them. Followed by extra batteries and cases. They are as frustrated as we are. Not a good way to launch a product
Somehow this dosen't surprise me.
i talked to one of DSLR sales people a couple of weeks ago and he told me that DSLR was going to get the first batch of Solo and they would be getting 800 in.
i wonder how many of this 800 will actuly show up?
guess it will be the same with all the sellers of the Solo.

I was reading somewhere on this thread that people were being charged the full amount of their pre-order prior to the Solo being shipped. I pre-ordered mine from DroneFly and they did indeed charge (not put a hold) my CC (citibank visa - not debit), the moment I placed my order. o_O

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
I was reading somewhere on this thread that people were being charged the full amount of their pre-order prior to the Solo being shipped. I pre-ordered mine from DroneFly and they did indeed charge (not put a hold) my CC (citibank visa - not debit), the moment I placed my order. o_O

I pre-ordered from DSLR Pro's, a Solo, gimbal two extra batteries and backpack case. They charge my card for the full amount. That was one of the things that annoyed the hell out of me when they first said the gimbal would be late. No offer to refund my gimbal money until the product actually shipped

B H charged my card but it went away and when they ship the solo and gimble than it will be charged.
this could be a long time in coming.

B H charged my card but it went away and when they ship the solo and gimble than it will be charged.
this could be a long time in coming.

I noticed the same yesterday. Not a sign of it on my account either. Odd. What is worse is because of delay my debit card has changed the expiration month and year as I just got a new card. Probably mess things up !

my card expires on 08 15.
that is going to be interesting

I wonder when the free battery will ship, with the drone or with the gimble? On the bright side of things the free battery saves me $159.

Last edited by a moderator:
A rep from 3DR said this morning on their Face Book page that the first shipment went out this morning.

I just got this email............My question was about when the gimbal will be shipping

Hope your day is going well,

To ensure the Solo Gimbal works seamlessly with GoPro cameras, we are doing final testing of control functionality through the HERO Bus before finalizing the firmware of the gimbal and starting mass production. This means that while Solo is starting to ship, gimbals will begin shipping in July.

If I were reading this email while eagerly awaiting Solo (and I’m sure you already have shoots lined up in June), I’d be super bummed right now. So, we wanted to come up with a token of apology for the few weeks you’ll have to fly Solo around with the standard vibration-isolated GoPro The Frame mount, while you imagine how that beautiful HD video would look if it were perfectly stabilized in all three axes. Here’s what we’re offering: Anyone who purchases Solo in the months of May or June will receive a free Solo flight battery ($149 USD). At least you’ll have some extra flight time to practice those Cable cam shots, and, of course, enjoy the HD video streaming from the GoPro for some fun FPV flying while you wait for your gimbal.

We are truly committed to our users having a great experience with 3DR, so please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make your experience with 3DR better.

Thank you for your understanding,

-Ryan
Tech Support Team
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST
(858) 225-1414

what about those of us that bought one in april?
will we get one too?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo