Crashed Drone (Stuck propeller Seat)

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just another enquiry....had a small crash today (hit some trees) a prop broke off but the screw Seat is still attached to the drone and is way tight and wont come off...Dont want to force it. any ideas on how to loosen?

Andy

Hey guys,

Just another enquiry....had a small crash today (hit some trees) a prop broke off but the screw Seat is still attached to the drone and is way tight and wont come off...Dont want to force it. any ideas on how to loosen?

Andy

I had to secure the motor head with a clamp and use another to remove the prop seat

wrap a piece of rubber glove around the motor and hold with some pliers, then use another to spin off the prop.

Reactions: psybersapien
wrap a piece of rubber glove around the motor and hold with some pliers, then use another to spin off the prop.

I use a small rubber banded 'tubing wrench' from Harbor Freight, believe it cost around $2 for a set of two. Has a rubber 'band' that you just put around the motor bell and carry my Gerber multi-tool with me = easy to remove. Try to dig up a picture if you need it.

FYI: I've had 7 low-level 'GPS loss' crashes with my Solo, make sure you check motor balancing and do a prop check. Motor 4 on mine has dust inside - from impact damage.

Cheers

image.jpg

I used these to remove the prop. 3mm accessory rope for climbing. Wrench that came free on Ikea furnitures & it's like made for the Solo prop. I just insert the rope on the motor case hole & hold it for leverage then use the wrench. You can use any rope that would fit in the motor case hole & strong enough for hold & wrench that will fit between the prop & motor. Hope this helps.

I just used a pair of pliers and held the motor in place, didn't take much to pop it off if you got enough grip

Reactions: Solo Keith
my solo crashed today by someone less experienced, gush of sudden hard wind pushed it into a tree.
Still after losing the props I have to say this bird is built like a tank, replaced the props, reset the bird and I was
up flying within 5 min. I had a minor crash w my DJI P3P awhile ago and yeah.. that thing wasn't going anywhere anymore.

If all else fails, one of those cigarette lighters lighters that burns like a blowtorch, could heat the top of the Hub. The aluminum hub will expand substantially more than the shaft . Be ready with your wrench and what you're going to grip the motor with. Damp rag in case it fails to cool everything back off. Before the heat transfer through the shaft . You should have to get it ridiculously hot.

Hi guys!!
I had same situations flown my bird but due to strong winds i crashed my bird twice and had no more spare props to put on...

I am just wonderin if my motor pods is still good for use... any tips that i can get from you guys on how to do some initial check on my motor.. thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M