Correct ArduCopter firmware for Stock Solo

Reaction score
Hi All,

First things first, I know almost nothing about drones and what parameters etc are needed for flight. I'm a quick learner and very technology savvy. (I'm a web app developer). That being said here are my issues/questions.

I received a stock solo from a friend of mine a couple of days ago because he had no use for it anymore and doesn't have the same level of experience with technology as I do. I upgraded strait from stock 3dr software to Open Solo 4 (without upgrading the Pixhawk) and was able to take it for a very short flight shortly after. I attempted to upgrade to the CubeSolo firmware for the pixhawk where I was immediately confronted with BAUD rate errors. I did a lot of things to the device for quite a few hours trying to figure out which firmware needed to be sent to the device before finally using the Pixhaw1 firmware from the ArduPilot site.

I have struggled with a ton of other things since then and have learned a lot. My biggest questions are 1) what firmware should I be loading to a stock Solo for use with OpenSolo 4? 2) I'm sure I will have other questions once I get the right firmware for the Solo (Stock Pixhawk).

Thanks a ton in advance

OpenSolo 4 comes with the appropriate firmware for both the bird and the GCS (controller).

Oh @Pedals2Paddles ..... Paging Matt..... You have a call on the White Courtesy Phone

Reactions: wakeman33
OpenSolo 4 comes with the appropriate firmware for both the bird and the GCS (controller).

Oh @Pedals2Paddles ..... Paging Matt..... You have a call on the White Courtesy Phone

I appreciate your help.

Both the bird and the controller are appropriately running OpenSolo 4. The firmware I am asking about is the Pixhawk firmware. (arducopter.apj) I read that I NEEDED to upgrade to ArduCopter 4 to help alleviate issues with the 3v power supply. I don't have the money to buy another cube (Green, Orange, Purple, Pink, Mauve, or otherwise) capable of supplying the correct 5v. I attempted using the "CubeSolo" .apj that was supplied in the assets for the OpenSolo 4 release. The PixHawk upgraded and the bird was able to pair with the controller, but shortly after the controller showed "paired", it went back to the "waiting for solo screen".

Although it appears that I have... (somehow) fixed my 3dr. I loaded the following .apj files in succession: arduorover.apj ([PixHawk1] to clear all parameters), arducopter ([PixHaw1] to allow proper controller connectivity), arducopter ([CubeSolo] to load proper parameters).

I am still curious which version of arducopter firmware is supposed to work with a Stock Solo. The PixHawk1 version loads and connects to the controller correctly, but doesn't have the right parameters and the CubeSolo version loads, but doesn't connect to the controller correctly. I assume it has the right parameters and values for a Stock Solo

Maybe it is just a bug in the arducopter(CubeSolo) firmware that won't allow the bird to appropriately connect to the controller. I'm not sure.

Thanks for the reply though.

You don’t need to specifically do anything to the Pixhawk Cube as that it taken care of in the OpenSolo4 update of the Copter.

So all you had to do was update the controller then update the Solo, give them plenty of time to do their update (5 minutes or more) and the job is done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986