Controller signal lost with Solo very near by!!

Ok since these issues with erratic flight seem gimbal related I have to think it's doing something similar to my p2. I mentioned once before but at 90 degrees sometimes I get an odd humming of the motors or electronics, sounds like interference somewhere, it seems this frequency screws with my controls and causes erratic flight. I can't say exactly what causes this, since it's only at 90 and I have to think it has something to do with set limits being passed or something overstressing the motors but I get an odd frequency hum and it undoubtedly does affect my signal, p2 flys erratic and I have to assume this somehow happened the two times I nearly had a p2 flyaway and probably caused a lot of other flyaway for dji and disconnects now from solo. I've reset and rcalibrated before and my only fix was to set my end point a couple degrees before 90 and it's been ok since. With this happening at other times with solo I'm wondering if the wires inside my zenmuse and in or above others solo gimbal are restricting it in some way. On zenmuse it has to be inside since there's no wires outside the gimbal that could cause it, on solo I can't say since I've had good luck but this definitley has to be investigated by both companies cause I've seen others with the Same thing on a p2 zenmuse as well.

Good luck sorry others are having these random issues.

My neighbor has a jammer with his security system I think, it kills every car remote and a lot of other household wireless devices near us, doesn't seem to affect rc though and I've got near twenty of all shapes and sizes. His house is mostly underground as well ill have to post a vid it's pretty cool. This worried me when I got my phantom and even more with solo after seeing the early posts about interference.
If you are not happy about his jammer, you should report it to the FCC, these things are highly illegal.

If you are not happy about his jammer, you should report it to the FCC, these things are highly illegal.
Thanks for the info I didn't know that, but they're real nice people and he even uses his mower to plow my driveway since I moved in, before I even get out there most times. He's a retired engineer and we get along great, only things it affects aren't a huge deal. Just flood lights that connect and remote outlets, doorbell, and literally every car remote that's ever been here. I honestly can't say for sure he has one but between the house, the wifi name (virus.exe) and all the odd things that stop working, I'm guessing it's something like that. Could be something else I guess, but signs point to one, I think anyway. Nice to know if it does get to a point it's a problem though, I was actually worried he'd hate me flying these things, or it may ruin flying here, but he actually seems to love em and I bet eventually gets one. He's over making different water rockets and stuff and showing my kids so it's ok for now.

I'm actually lucky all my neighbors and even this area as a whole so far love multis and solo especially. The park, ball fields, downtown, no matter where I fly anymore I get about twenty kids and a few adults bum rushing me lately and it's always a very good experience. Happened once more Thursday night I'm pretty happy with the reactions around here, normally Cincy isn't the most friendly place. Everybody is in love with solo though and seems quite a few of the kids are really taking an interest in robotics lately when I'm talking to em about it.

Yea not sure of your version but I can go over my head and behind myself or any other direction with the version 1 fpvlr at at least 350 feet no problem.
From the owner's manual:
====================================================
Antenna Configuration
For the strongest connection to Solo, position the antennas down and away from the controller so they are approximately perpendicular with Solo in flight, and tilt each antenna out and away from one another at a 20° angle.
======================================================

While the manual doesn't go into this in detail, I suspect the reason is the cone of confusion. Antennas function best when they are perpendicular to each other.

From the owner's manual:
====================================================
Antenna Configuration
For the strongest connection to Solo, position the antennas down and away from the controller so they are approximately perpendicular with Solo in flight, and tilt each antenna out and away from one another at a 20° angle.
======================================================

While the manual doesn't go into this in detail, I suspect the reason is the cone of confusion. Antennas function best when they are perpendicular to each other.

Yea I gave up on the stock setup, I'd highly recommend the fpvlr to anyone even if your not losing signal, it just gives a lot more peace of mind. It also lets me fly on the other side of trees and other things that come between me and solo as well as improves video and responsiveness. I still liked my solo on stocks and never lost signal, but now I love and trust it as much as I thinks possible.

I had exactly same problem and honestly was creepy, since I leave in São Paulo/Brazil and we have builds around all the area (take a look in the area... this is a "clear" if I compare with the place where this happened)

For luck, I set the RTH altitude to 120 meters and Solo fly over my build!

G0351359.jpg

I'd say McCabe, Jubalr, or Earl and I'm sure others could assist with that end if their around this evening.
Just open the zip file. It will have 3 files in it (long with others) that end in .tlog, .tlog1, and .tlog2. Post each of the 3 files separately.

Reactions: Projeffrey11

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig