Controller looses control link with Solo at 21 meters

Go into the Solo app settings and enable advanced flight modes. Then program your "B" button for Manual fly. Or, once you have enabled the advanced modes you can select Manual from the Shot list.

Go into the Solo app settings and enable advanced flight modes. Then program your "B" button for Manual fly. Or, once you have enabled the advanced modes you can select Manual from the Shot list.
Once you go in manual you can lose ur solo right ? And thanks for the info buddy

If flies almost exactly the same. Except it will drift with the wind. RTH still works if you lose connectivity though.

One thing you need to be aware of is the Solo will go about 25 mph faster when in manual but it will not maintain altitude very well above 35 to 38 mph based on @Jubalr test. So be careful you don't dive it into the ground if you are flying fast. Be wise to just keep it below 35.

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
If flies almost exactly the same. Except it will drift with the wind. RTH still works if you lose connectivity though.

One thing you need to be aware of is the Solo will go about 25 mph faster when in manual but it will not maintain altitude very well above 35 to 38 mph based on @Jubalr test. So be careful you don't dive it into the ground if you are flying fast. Be wise to just keep it below 35.
Wow u guys been a lot of help thank you sooo much again., you guys should be working for 3DR or something similar, thanks again you guys rock

Gang,

Another link loss update:

Pre-flight routine completed, live feed working, mode=GPS. Location, my front yard with dozens of successful takeoffs and landings in GPS mode:

1) Solo had 11 GPS sat's locked prior to Fly
2) Hit Fly, Solo went up to Home ALT
3) Where I'm at I have to get it out of here fairly quick due to trees, took Solo up to ~40', Solo in GPS lock hover mode, no drift
4) Then all the sudden got 'link loss' warning on the Controller
5) This is the first time this occurred on signal loss = Solo stayed at ALT, however started slowly drifting off, heading out on it's own
5) I immediately Hit Pause, then Home then Solo came back over LZ spot, then landed normally
6) Re-booted everything
7) Repeat 1-5 = same issue

Said the heck with it and went indoors. Then a flight later on that day, same location = had no issues at all. Flew Solo out to my usual LOS spot. RTH worked fine even into my yard full of 30' pine trees which I sometimes tune Solo's LZ/Home spot during vertical decent by a few bumps on the stick. Have landed it there dozens of times. Once again, did not change any of my pre-flight routines, nor was any software updated, etc.

The signal loss has been very intermittent. I'm starting to think after having the 7 crashes, even though they were not really what I would define as a hard-contact crash, starting to think I need to finally take Solo apart and do a visual inspection. I have a good idea what to check, in particular Wifi card re-seating and connections. Just wondering if anyone else has any further input?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

What you are describing is likely caused by WiFi interference, and that can vary not only by location, but minute by minute. Are you using the stock antennas? What orientation?

What you are describing is likely caused by WiFi interference, and that can vary not only by location, but minute by minute. Are you using the stock antennas? What orientation?

I live in a rural area the middle of the woods on my 7 acres, not a house for about mile. No Wifi is around here, even with my Wifi scanner program. Stock antennas = have been flying out LOS to 3,000 ft before signal loss before. Pre-flight includes Solo orientated to North. Again, have many successful flights from the same LZ. I'm thinking hardware issue, as mentioned a flight later that day with no changes to pre-flight, hardware, software, et. all was performed and Solo worked flawlessly.

Cheers

Last edited:
When I carry out the steps in that PDF I get as far as logging in as "root" in Putty but can't get beyond that. The password prompt appears but no key input accepted. Just sort of freezes. Tried on two different computers as well. What's up with that?
Type the pass code and then hit enter....it's hidden.

Reactions: timzee

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdeeno