Controller Display Goes Black During Flight - Troubleshooting?

Reaction score
Hello,
We have two Solo copters that we have been flying since late last year. Last night while flying less than a quarter mile away over water, our controller screen went black. Thankfully, we still had FPV on our iPad and full functionality of the copter. All sticks and buttons working, just display went black. We brought it home safely and landed. Never had this happen before. Any recommendations to troubleshoot this at home before sending back to 3DR? I hate to have to send the whole kit back for a controller problem, but that's what they require.
Thanks so much,
Kim

Hello,
We have two Solo copters that we have been flying since late last year. Last night while flying less than a quarter mile away over water, our controller screen went black. Thankfully, we still had FPV on our iPad and full functionality of the copter. All sticks and buttons working, just display went black. We brought it home safely and landed. Never had this happen before. Any recommendations to troubleshoot this at home before sending back to 3DR? I hate to have to send the whole kit back for a controller problem, but that's what they require.
Thanks so much,
Kim
Mine did that once. But I re-booted and it came back and hasn't done it sense. Did you try pulling the battery for a minute?

Reactions: RolandS888
Mine did that once. But I re-booted and it came back and hasn't done it sense. Did you try pulling the battery for a minute?

No but I will. Battery level in the controller was more than 50%. Thanks for your reply. Little concerned if this could be an intermittent problem.

I also have two Solos and just had a similar experience to FL_Kim. Not a serious problem when it happened since everything else on the Controller continued to work, and Solex on my Nexus 10 tablet continued to function. I pressed the RTH button, and after landing I pressed and held the power button, after which the display lit up to show the Controller was powering down. Moments later I powered it up again and the display came on. It was 43 degrees out, with a slight wind chill. But given the symptoms, I suspect an intermittent connection related to the display cable (assuming there is one inside the Controller). If the problem happens again I will disassemble the Controller to reseat the cable in the connectors on both ends.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc