Controller disconnected from Solo

The wifi card is located on the companion computer. Which is conveniently located deep inside the solo where you can't reach it :). You'll need to remove the battery tray, remove the silver screw on the carrier board and lift that up and out. There is just barely enough slack on the wires to the motors to do this. You'll see the companion computer under the carrier board next to the Cube. The WiFi card is on that.

Well Pedels you were right. It was quite a job getting to the two wifi cards. I have two new cards on the way. Been wanting to have an excuse to replace them with the Microtik cards for better reception.

I had the exact same issue after a crash.

After a few feet from takeoff it would loose connection and land, I then upgraded the wifi cards... same thing...

After close inspection I noticed that after many attempts opening and closing the Solo, by screwing one of the main board screws in I had pierced/squashed the antenna cable enough to expose the inner wire of the cable, it is hardly recognisable, but I believd this was my issue

Well Pedels you were right. It was quite a job getting to the two wifi cards. I have two new cards on the way. Been wanting to have an excuse to replace them with the Microtik cards for better reception.
I suspect the problem was caused by the crash 2 weeks ago even though it didn't show up right away.

Unless the wifi card onboard Solo was damaged and caused the problem, I don't think replacing the cards will solve your problem.

Perhaps an antenna connection in one of the legs came loose or broke?

Let us know how they work out!

Reactions: VINXS
I had the exact same issue after a crash.

After a few feet from takeoff it would loose connection and land, I then upgraded the wifi cards... same thing...

After close inspection I noticed that after many attempts opening and closing the Solo, by screwing one of the main board screws in I had pierced/squashed the antenna cable enough to expose the inner wire of the cable, it is hardly recognisable, but I believd this was my issue
Thanks guys. I appreciate the suggestions. I'm going to get back on it tomorrow and I will check the antenna leads. I suspect it has something to do with the antenna. Again much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc