Connection Worse when Solo is facing me?

Reaction score
I see my signal drop noticeably when I turn Solo back towards my direction. Is this normal?
It makes me pretty paranoid because when I see my signal strength dropping and turn to bring it
back my way the signal strength drops noticeably.
This effectively drops the range I can send Solo. Maybe 500 - 750 feet right now comfortably.
Bought some Alfas but saw no real improvement(rural but still wifi in the area).
I have had it out as far as 1500 feet when I first bought it back in March but it seems my range
has decreased over time. Will the heat and humidity increase cause this. Southeastern NC
here so mid 90's at times and humidity maybe 75-90%.
Thanks for any insight.

There is an antenna in one back leg and the opposite front leg. It shouldn't really change based on the direction you're facing, and it should be better than 500-750ft in a rural setting. I suppose it's possible the front antenna is disconnected from the wifi card.

There is an antenna in one back leg and the opposite front leg. It shouldn't really change based on the direction you're facing, and it should be better than 500-750ft in a rural setting. I suppose it's possible the front antenna is disconnected from the wifi card.
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I had a small crash from just a few feet up that caused Solo to flip over and
basically destroy all the props but did not appear to cause any other damage.
Come to think of it, I don't remember noticing this issue before that.
How difficult to access the antenna connections?
Thanks for the reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44