Compass calibration troubles

Reaction score
Hello all,
Im brand new here and to drones. I purchased the solo from the great deal from B&H.

Compass calibration in solo app and in tower only gets to halfway and then stops. I've tried this multiple times, different locations, and plenty far away from anything. I've set the parameter in tower to 0 which didn't help.

I took out the battery tray and unplugged the leg compass. This allowed for full calibration, but of course I'm scared to fly without all compasses. Instead of going through the hassle of exchanging it, I was wondering if there's a way to demagnetize the compass, or moreover, do you guys recommend simply purchasing a new compass leg?
Thanks!
E.J.

I couldn't resist, and took it out for a couple flights. All I can say is...Awesome! So much fun. A good breeze today but the solo handled it well (without the leg compass of course). I had it up to 200' and out to around 2100'. Man, that was a lot of fun.
I'm going to order a leg compass and see how that works.
I have a lot to learn.

0 to reset parameters. It was at 120. It basically got rid of the magnetic interference, and only wants the compass calibration now. I have a compass leg on the way. We'll see.

I dunno, I've bought two drones at this point that failed for "magnetic interference", both times I needed to replace the leg and it solved the issue. I don't know why they keep failing though, I have a special plate steel launch pad covered in canvas held in place by neodymium magnets ....... looks wonderful...

:p

I dunno, I've bought two drones at this point that failed for "magnetic interference", both times I needed to replace the leg and it solved the issue. I don't know why they keep failing though, I have a special plate steel launch pad covered in canvas held in place by neodymium magnets ....... looks wonderful...

I suspect it might be the canvas causing issues [emoji38]

Wow- sounds like your a "leg" man.o_O

Reactions: DJMc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44