Color me impressed!

Reaction score
Just received my Solo+Gimbal that I ordered directly from 3DR a few weeks ago. The only other quad I've owned before now was a custom TBS Disco Pro, quite the overkill for someone interested in aerial photography.

I only had 10 minutes to try it out when I got home from work, it was windy, getting dark but I couldn't wait. I launched, went into cable cam mode and set two waypoints, one either end of my pool (feeling cocky). I then toggled between them both automatically and manually using the right stick. It was CRAZY simple.

Slight scare when I came in to land at the exact point the return to home (from a low battery) kicked in and it started to ascend when I was pulling the throttle down, but pressing fly let me bring it in manually with no trouble.

Indoors now and not much I can play with now the props are off but I did power it on to play with the settings and was surprised by the low latency of the video feed, so much so I ran a quick test (see attached image). In the image you can see a stopwatch (right) and the video feed of the same stopwatch on my phone (iPhone 6 plus), while the stopwatch reads 05:02:44 the video feed is just changing from 05:02:19 to 05:02:20, a latency of just 240ms.

Video I had seen online while waiting for mine to arrive seemed to show a much higher lag, so very pleased by this, maybe it's because i'm using a quite powerful phone vs a less powerful android tablet? Has anyone else tried doing this test?

Attachments

• DSC01188.jpg
    DSC01188.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: clackey

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig